Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #1,457 of 1,793
Quote:
That is something both me and David talked about in our emails about adaptors and avoiding custom lightning to mini-a cable if it can be helped.

Why is that

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #1,459 of 1,793
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,460 of 1,793
I have custom mini to mini cables from forza audio out of necessity but I have perfectly fine stock USB cables and some budget belkin USB cables which have worked fine for 10 years. I am all for gratuitous spending but I have a personal line. If others want to extend it to interconnects and power cables that is also fine. Personal choice.

What's the point your trying to make?

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #1,461 of 1,793

Toxic Cables Silver Poison Westone W4R Cable
Toxic Cables Silver Poison USB to LOD
Toxic Cables Silver Poison Mini to Mini 
Cypher Labs Algorhythm SOLO (Original)
Ibasso P4 Warbler 
RSA SR71-B hiding in the felt bag in the corner

between the ibasso p4 warbler and the sr71-b with the CLAS and the toxic Cables sound phenomenal. Personally i like the wolfson sound vs the AKM thats just me .

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,465 of 1,793
Quote:
Loooks nice.

thanks
Quote:
I have the akm dac whats difference?

AKM is simular to what the hpp1 has in it, obviously not the same dac chip, the original CLAS dac chip is a high end Wolfson Dac chip.  wolfson vs akm dac chips alot of people say the wolfson is a more aggressive sound. the newer CLAS has options that obviously the older versions dont have, but if you are using single ended it still sound exceptional.
Quote:
You should pair with the meier quickstep and clas.

honestly ive tried ALOT of amps and the Ibasso P4 Warbler is a Amazing amp the power output, the ability to change opamps and buffers, i also have the RSA SR71-B so between the ibasso and blackbird both sound exceptional with the CLAS.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,467 of 1,793
Hello. Without using a multi-meter Is there any way to tell if I got the new fixed Solo -R? Mine came with 2 short 30 pin to USB cables and has a much lower output than my original CLAS (Tactical Edition). As for the sound, this is very disappointing. Compared to the original CLAS, my Solo R sounds thin and "digital". I don"t know if its still burning in, but I am quite disappointed. My original CLAS is fuller and more dynamic. Vocals are warm and details are fantastic. This one sounds so recessed that I actually prefer the hp out of my ipod touch 4th.

BTW - my setup consists of an ALO Continental V3 Hifiman HE500 playing FLAC and ALAC through a 32gb ipod tough 4th gen.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,470 of 1,793
Do the new -R CLAS use the AKM chip?  It doesn't sound as aggressive to me as the Fostex HP-P1 that uses an AKM chipset.  The CLAS -R sounds warmer and fuller but not as aggressive or quite as dynamic.  Two different flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back