CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #721 of 2,468
Well after a saga with FedEx who after several failed attempts and subsequent severe weather were telling me mid-late next week due to backlog.
I gave up and drove the 30 miles to the depot and collected my F3's rather than wait any longer :D

I'm not an audio reviewer, and I'll leave the comments on sound to those who can better describe it, I will say they sound amazing so far.

I've been listening to them for the past hour, it's going to take some time to adjust as they are a little more noticeable in my ears than my silicon ACS Evoke's, but that should settle (I hope).

Here are some initial out of the box pictures taken with my Pixel 2 XL.
MVIMG_20180303_105345.jpg

MVIMG_20180303_105222.jpg

MVIMG_20180303_105140.jpg

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #724 of 2,468
Mar 5, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #725 of 2,468
I'm looking for a CIEM with a wide sound stage, good instrument separation, slightly forward vocal, slight thick sound, not a basshead so not requiring much of it.
Mostly using for my pop music, rock and edm. Which model will be more suitable for me? Thanks.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #726 of 2,468
I'm looking for a CIEM with a wide sound stage, good instrument separation, slightly forward vocal, slight thick sound, not a basshead so not requiring much of it.
Mostly using for my pop music, rock and edm. Which model will be more suitable for me? Thanks.
Budget?
FIBAE2 or Harmony 8.2 I would say. What other IEMs or headphones have you used so far that you liked?

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #727 of 2,468
Budget?
FIBAE2 or Harmony 8.2 I would say. What other IEMs or headphones have you used so far that you liked?
Harmony 8.2 may slightly out of my budget but I will give it a try before making decision.

I tried quite a few CIEM recently and cannot decide which one I like to be honest. qdc, JOMO, CustomArt, Fitear

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #728 of 2,468
Budget?
I would agree with Piotr...both of those would satisfy you

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #729 of 2,468
Well I understand that you are in a country where our distributor operates - then definitely check the demo units against competitors side by side. FIBAE 2 is great choice from our range for pop and electronic music and you cannot really go wrong with them

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #730 of 2,468
Harmony 8.2 may slightly out of my budget but I will give it a try before making decision.

I tried quite a few CIEM recently and cannot decide which one I like to be honest. qdc, JOMO, CustomArt, Fitear

Well that's simple, just get all of them. This is Headfi after all (starting with CA naturally) :p

Had the audiologist appointment today which was slightly disappointing. Too much wax in my ear (despite the clean bill of health from the check at the doctors a couple of weeks ago). So we are going to redo it in a few weeks time to give the ear time to settle down.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #733 of 2,468
I would recommend the FIBAE2. Slightly forward vocals, thick sound with quality bass is what you will get from the FIBAE2.

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #734 of 2,468
Well I understand that you are in a country where our distributor operates - then definitely check the demo units against competitors side by side. FIBAE 2 is great choice from our range for pop and electronic music and you cannot really go wrong with them
Hi Piotrus, I'm also out there to find my first, entry-level CIEM. My music taste is quite eclectic, it's easier for me to state what I don't like (EDM, Trance, Techno, House, Heavy metal) than what I do like (almost everything else). I also must say that I don't need a very extended treble, as at my age I can't hear a thing beyond 15kHz anyway. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Also, are you represented in Italy or Switzerland? Thanks!

Mar 5, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #735 of 2,468

The only thing holding me back from wholeheartedly recommending the FIBAE 2 would be its moderate v-shape. Its bass is slightly above neutral, and its vocal presentation is more neutrally-placed. Singers have good body, but they aren't as prominent as the bass and the lower-treble. It does have everything else you're looking for, though, so it's definitely the closest to your ideal sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back