CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #736 of 2,466
Looking nice :) Still patiently waiting for mine. It's been over 6 weeks, should ship anytime now :ksc75smile:
I know the pain, I'm also waiting.
:beyersmile:

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #738 of 2,466
The only thing holding me back from wholeheartedly recommending the FIBAE 2 would be its moderate v-shape. Its bass is slightly above neutral, and its vocal presentation is more neutrally-placed. Singers have good body, but they aren't as prominent as the bass and the lower-treble. It does have everything else you're looking for, though, so it's definitely the closest to your ideal sound.
Is that mean the bass and lower-treble may slightly cover/over ride the vocal voice?

Mar 6, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #739 of 2,466
Is that mean the bass and lower-treble may slightly cover/over ride the vocal voice?

Well, of course, we have to investigate what that means first. Having a prominent bass and lower-treble doesn't necessarily mean recessed vocals. Those two frequency ranges impart their own effects towards voices that may or may not be preferred depending on your preferences. A rich and voluminous bass gives vocals thickness and body, while the lower-treble peak aids articulation. Now, these two frequencies have quite a bit of energy compared to - say - the lower-midrange, so the FIBAE 2 will have a vocal presentation that's energetic and full-bodied with minimal forwardness and presence. Voices will sound dynamic and physical, but they won't have as much palpability as - say - the Harmony 8.2 with its more midrange-forward signature.

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #740 of 2,466
Hi Piotrus, I'm also out there to find my first, entry-level CIEM. My music taste is quite eclectic, it's easier for me to state what I don't like (EDM, Trance, Techno, House, Heavy metal) than what I do like (almost everything else). I also must say that I don't need a very extended treble, as at my age I can't hear a thing beyond 15kHz anyway. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Also, are you represented in Italy or Switzerland? Thanks!
Hey, well the thing with not hearing treble is that you might actually benefit from IEM having a bit higher HF output - because otherwise balanced IEM would sound dull or dark to you. That's why I would recommend FIBAE3 in your case.
We don't have representatives in Europe except for London.

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #742 of 2,466
Hey, well the thing with not hearing treble is that you might actually benefit from IEM having a bit higher HF output - because otherwise balanced IEM would sound dull or dark to you. That's why I would recommend FIBAE3 in your case.
Thanks! I guess I will just have to dig deeper in my pocket then :ksc75smile:

Mar 6, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #743 of 2,466
Well, of course, we have to investigate what that means first. Having a prominent bass and lower-treble doesn't necessarily mean recessed vocals. Those two frequency ranges impart their own effects towards voices that may or may not be preferred depending on your preferences. A rich and voluminous bass gives vocals thickness and body, while the lower-treble peak aids articulation. Now, these two frequencies have quite a bit of energy compared to - say - the lower-midrange, so the FIBAE 2 will have a vocal presentation that's energetic and full-bodied with minimal forwardness and presence. Voices will sound dynamic and physical, but they won't have as much palpability as - say - the Harmony 8.2 with its more midrange-forward signature.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, it’s good to learn more for newbie like me. Definitely will go demo the F2.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #747 of 2,466
Will definitely go demo it. How it performs while comparing to other CIEMs at the similar price? Like the qdc5, ue4pro, jomo, 64 audio etc.

Based on your recognition of those brands and your ability to demo CA's line-up, it sounds like you're based in Singapore. Why don't you give Music Sanctuary a visit and try them out yourself? Apologies if I've assumed wrongly

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #749 of 2,466
I have the same " trouble" and, for my ears, Fibae3 are my favorite ciems over Harmony ans F2. Highs , low, miss, everything is perfect.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #750 of 2,466
Are silicone shells still a thing? It's been a while since I've seen a silicone design posted here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back