CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #694 of 2,466
How does the new FIBAE compare to the Harmony 8.2?

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #695 of 2,466
Just got the e-mail from Massdrop and picked myself up from the floor.
The Ei.XX are my first and only CIEM. I don't need others. Meanwhile I've listened to other IEM's but the Ei.XX is superb. Love it!
2016 was also the year I attended CanJam Europe and met @piotrus-g at his booth. When I pulled out my Ei.XX I got your attention hahaha. The prototype I was listening to, the 8.2 I believe?, was already really good. More air, cleaner in comparison with the Ei.XX
As I'm still a bit on a budget right now, will the drop come back later this year @piotrus-g ?
Anyway, this FIBAE sounds awesome by your description.

Greetings from The Netherlands,
Richard
Hopefully the drop will keep reappearing for few years - just like Ei.xx. Thanks for your support!
How does the new FIBAE compare to the Harmony 8.2?
FIBAE ME is much more bass heavy and fun, vocals pushed back and while highs are similar in smoothness quantity is slightly bigger in F-M. 8.2 wins in separation and soundstage though. 8.2 is also more matured - textures are better etc.
Check out Ei.xx review with comparison to 8.2 here on head-fi and you should get pretty good idea about difference in sound signature.But keep in mind that FIBAE ME has a bit more highs than Ei.xx

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #696 of 2,466
I'd totally be on that drop if I wasn't in between jobs right now. I'm definitely keeping an eye on your brand though :)

Feb 25, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #697 of 2,466
Hopefully the drop will keep reappearing for few years - just like Ei.xx. Thanks for your support!
You're welcome @piotrus-g. :ksc75smile:
Universals and customs are the same price?
What is the bore width on the universals?
1 bore or multiple?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #699 of 2,466
Just got a FedEx update, out for delivery tomorrow... but no one will be home :/, so I may or may not have my F3 tomorrow :/ (if they post it through / get a neighbor to sign)

Edit: well I got home around 16:00, no calling card, no parcel. Depot closed at 18:00, and there is no update on tracking (still "out for delivery"), so I have no idea when I'll get them :frowning2:
Edit2: Currently Piotr 10/10 service , FedEx 0.5/10. Parcel spent the entire day "out for delivery" but wasn't delivered because it wasn't put on today's manifest... If that's the case why tell me its out for fecking delivery! (customer service tried to help but it sounds like the only actions they can take are going to cause further delays (i.e. changing address to my office +48hours))
Edit3: No attempt today. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #700 of 2,466
Pure beauty.

IMG_0638.jpg

Feb 26, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #702 of 2,466
God I wish my ears played more nicely with either iems OR ciems! Giving my ears a rest this week from iems to give them time to settle down for the audiologist appointment next week, so that meant leaving all c/iems at home today to avoid temptation. I'm "making do" with a pair of sennheiser hd 25-II's at work atm. Whilst decent sounding and ok isolation (for a headphone) they are annoying for a glasses wearer. I just wish the right ear would find something that would seal properly. Small tips are too small and medium is too big. Annoying.

Feb 26, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #703 of 2,466
Feb 26, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #704 of 2,466
Good writing pal, for being an "aspiring reviewer", as you termed yourself, you did an excellent job of transferring your listening sensations to the reader. Congrats!
Thank you so much for your kind words! I still have a lot to learn from the many seniors around here.

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #705 of 2,466
The F2 is incredible with it's engaging fun and musical sound and awesome separation. The F3 is receiving a lot of listening time recently as I am critically listening to begin a review, one in the queue in front of it. Imagine a sound with sub bass rumble but showcasing details and clarity with beautiful treble extension regardless of the source, and that is the F3. I would love to hear anything else that Custom Art has on deck.

I am considering one of these two guys. I have JH13v2 which satisfies me with me electronic music, but I am in the pursuit of an iem for my classical music listening, something with great clarity, sound-stage and separation. From what I hear, 2 would be a better for for classical music, would you agree mate? Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back