crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #2,596 of 3,338
Grew up with EarPods haha - still use them to watch movies on planes, gym etc

oh yeah definitely, the etymotics are also a classic example of HiFi on a budget - I was rather referring to the classic “tonality and QC completely off chifi”
Im talking 1985.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #2,598 of 3,338
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #2,599 of 3,338
Okay here's another question, How come single DD iem's always seem to have a recessed mid range? heavy U or V shape.
I'm not a huge fan of BA, they should kinda of gritty and bass just doesn't cut it. Shure electrostatic was fantastic performance wise but the peak killed me. So that leaves me looking at Dynamic driver but none are neutral tuned.

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #2,600 of 3,338
Okay here's another question, How come single DD iem's always seem to have a recessed mid range? heavy U or V shape.
I'm not a huge fan of BA, they should kinda of gritty and bass just doesn't cut it. Shure electrostatic was fantastic performance wise but the peak killed me. So that leaves me looking at Dynamic driver but none are neutral tuned.
Jvc 10000 , best iem ever.

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,601 of 3,338

it’s a matter of tuning. V shapes are easy to like and sell well - most single DDs (and notice that I say most, not all), are at the lower end of the price range and are aimed at a larger audience

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #2,602 of 3,338

jvc fdx1 - massdrop

i got them a few days ago and would say theyre neutral ish. good upper mids presence.

Dec 22, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #2,603 of 3,338
Jan 6, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #2,606 of 3,338
Jan 8, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #2,607 of 3,338
Have you tested any SoundMagic IEMs?

I have had a few pairs of soundmagic e30, they had quite abit of unit variance but at the time I felt they were quite neutral and good deep extended bass that wasnt too midbassy. Especially for the price so I wasnt so picky. My home setup was and still is hd600 for reference. The fit of the e30 is horrendous so I improvised with making my own custom eartips with one of those sets of molding two materials together that sets in your ear.

The e30 are alot better soundwise than the e10, which my girlfriend had and liked), that seemed ALOT more popular at the time. The e10 doesnt have that extended bass, more midbassy and more v-shaped overall. The fit is night and day better though in favor of the e10.

After listening to moondrop crescent and owning several pairs of sony mh1c there is no value to go with the e30 over those but for maybe the less bassy sound and the shallow fit which can be used under a motorcycle helmet for instance. Havnt tried any of the other soundmagic models or seen many reliable graphs of their lineup otherwise.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #2,608 of 3,338
Hi crinacle, is there any result for Fidue Artemis now? I found you mentioned it on Reddit about 1 year ago that you was waiting for the final production of this IEM. tomscy2000 said he would remind the engineers to send you the final product, but I have no clue about whether it eventually happened or not (https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidel...idue_announces_new_flagship_piezobadd_hybrid/). It will be great if you can produce measurement for it, and put it on the ranking list / AutoEq database. Thanks a lot for your effort!​

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #2,609 of 3,338
Hi crinacle, is there any result for Fidue Artemis now? I found you mentioned it on Reddit about 1 year ago that you was waiting for the final production of this IEM. tomscy2000 said he would remind the engineers to send you the final product, but I have no clue about whether it eventually happened or not (https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidel...idue_announces_new_flagship_piezobadd_hybrid/). It will be great if you can produce measurement for it, and put it on the ranking list / AutoEq database. Thanks a lot for your effort!​

No updates on that. I'll see if I can find one, but given Fidue's recent obscurity I think that'll be a challenge.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2,610 of 3,338
I want to buy a totl iem for under 2000€. Now i have two on my list which have the same pricetag. I could get a ca solaris and a 64 audio tia trio for 1600€. I have no idea which one i should buy. Which one has harder bass, the most holographic stage, most details and less sibilance or sharpness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back