crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 22, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #2,611 of 3,338
I want to buy a totl iem for under 2000€. Now i have two on my list which have the same pricetag. I could get a ca solaris and a 64 audio tia trio for 1600€. I have no idea which one i should buy. Which one has harder bass, the most holographic stage, most details and less sibilance or sharpness?
My vote goes to the Trio - significantly better than the solaris imo

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #2,613 of 3,338
I Agree on trio much bettter than solari. But What about an Anole Vx?
I would recommend ProPhile8 as the most versatile with its switches but they don't respond to emails, I tried to buy their new ProMissionX to no avail, complete lack of respect for customer IMO, so PP8 yes, but on aftermarket :) And it isolates better than the semi-open Trio for sure, also sounding more open than closed 8BA would suggest. Other than that, maybe go custom with Custom Art Fibae 7, also refined highs, warm neutral sig and good customer service.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #2,614 of 3,338
I would recommend ProPhile8 as the most versatile with its switches but they don't respond to emails, I tried to buy their new ProMissionX to no avail, complete lack of respect for customer IMO, so PP8 yes, but on aftermarket :) And it isolates better than the semi-open Trio for sure, also sounding more open than closed 8BA would suggest. Other than that, maybe go custom with Custom Art Fibae 7, also refined highs, warm neutral sig and good customer service.
Started between 2 now you put 3 so now he has to chose between 5 ? In the next hour he will be facing 10 ?

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #2,615 of 3,338
I want to buy a totl iem for under 2000€. Now i have two on my list which have the same pricetag. I could get a ca solaris and a 64 audio tia trio for 1600€. I have no idea which one i should buy. Which one has harder bass, the most holographic stage, most details and less sibilance or sharpness?
Simple: check Crin's list, go to the very top. There sits the 64Audio U12t. Done. That's what I did and there ended my interest in all other IEMs. Just my 0.02. Your taste/budget may vary.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #2,617 of 3,338
The reason i pick these two is that i don't like ba bass. It doesn't have the texture, extreme deep rumble and tactile feeling, that only a dd driver can give me. The z1r is also not a option for me, because the bass is a little to soft for me. I think i would take the trio when it's better that the solaris.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #2,618 of 3,338
The reason i pick these two is that i don't like ba bass. It doesn't have the texture, extreme deep rumble and tactile feeling, that only a dd driver can give me. The z1r is also not a option for me, because the bass is a little to soft for me. I think i would take the trio when it's better that the solaris.
I was in the same boat as you. Never thought much of BA bass. And then I heard the U12t. Pity you have to spend so much to get brilliant bass from BA drivers, but at least know that it's possible...

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #2,619 of 3,338
If the Z1R didn't have enough bass for you, neither will the Trio I think. You probably need something like a Legend X imo - you can get it used for under 2000 easily

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #2,620 of 3,338
If the Z1R didn't have enough bass for you, neither will the Trio I think. You probably need something like a Legend X imo - you can get it used for under 2000 easily
I confirm, Z1R bass is kinda soft to me too, it'd mild and warm, it's not subbass groundshaking bass. Maybe because of extension into midbass.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #2,621 of 3,338
Good point. U12t is all about texture and quality. It has plenty of quantity too (for me), but if you want more, then yes, Legend X or similar is where I'd be looking. Also, Trio (from what I've read, so don't quote me) can sometimes be on the bright side at the other end of the FR scale (at least compared to the U12t).

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #2,623 of 3,338
EQ it.
20200122_173906.jpg

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #2,624 of 3,338

If you want dynamic driver bass, you could try to buy an Imr Rah second hand. Great Dynamic driver. 15mm dynamic driver that does not lose control for being so big. I really like its subbass to bass ratio. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back