crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #2,626 of 3,338
If you want dynamic driver bass, you could try to buy an Imr Rah second hand. Great Dynamic driver. 15mm dynamic driver that does not lose control for being so big. I really like its subbass to bass ratio. Highly recommended.

Has it a huge stage and holographic imaging and planty of details? Maybe i should wait for the semper.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #2,627 of 3,338
The reason i pick these two is that i don't like ba bass. It doesn't have the texture, extreme deep rumble and tactile feeling, that only a dd driver can give me. The z1r is also not a option for me, because the bass is a little to soft for me. I think i would take the trio when it's better that the solaris.
If the Z1R doesn't have enough bass for you, then the Solaris definitely won't have enough as it has less. Trio has about the same as the Z1R, and is a great IEM, but I think the Z1R has smoother treble. If you want more DD bass in a great IEM, you should take a look at a used Legend X.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,628 of 3,338
It does have so. Great bass and timbre and mids.

Highs are there, but not harsh. It isn't graphed by anyone yet. But I imagine it is probably wonky like the Z1r have peaks, drops, and peaks again.

The treble does not feel flawed. Even the soundstage is great, so the treble should not be a faulty roll off.

But i can confidently say, that the transition from bass to mids gives great timbre and detail.

Edit. I forgot it has a Piezo ceramic driver for the unnecessary extreme treble extension, that is probably dedicated to emulating the airy soundstage I feel.

But I can't say confidently what the treble is like after 5kHz and before 9kHz. Other than it sounds smooth but not inappropriately so. Still engaging.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #2,632 of 3,338
Like honestly I don't know if I can trust the Chinese manufacturers (or any audio manufacturers to be honest, because they always mess things up in one way or another). But hey, it cost $35 for returning them, so the risk is acceptable on this gamble.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #2,634 of 3,338
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #2,635 of 3,338
I saw a video about the thieaudio voyager 14 and the guy in this video ranked this iem over the anole vx and u12t. Now i think about to order this thing. He said the bass is better on this three and the stage is bigger. The one thing that i didn't know is, what about holographic imaging? And he didn't make a messurement, so i don't know where are some peaks or dips. Should i give it a try? What i like is, that the voyager 14 is tuneable via little switches.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #2,636 of 3,338
The switches surely make it interesting. But you don't lose anything for waiting longer.

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #2,637 of 3,338
I saw a video about the thieaudio voyager 14 and the guy in this video ranked this iem over the anole vx and u12t. Now i think about to order this thing. He said the bass is better on this three and the stage is bigger. The one thing that i didn't know is, what about holographic imaging? And he didn't make a messurement, so i don't know where are some peaks or dips. Should i give it a try? What i like is, that the voyager 14 is tuneable via little switches.
im def ordering it next month to compare it to my VX :) gonna only keep one, and i've been looking for something with more rumbly bass and wider soundstage too

'however im in search for a tribrid that does the same thing. any ideas?

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #2,638 of 3,338
im def ordering it next month to compare it to my VX :) gonna only keep one, and i've been looking for something with more rumbly bass and wider soundstage too

'however im in search for a tribrid that does the same thing. any ideas?

Anole VX has better treble than much of its competitors. (and that is without the treble switch pushed on!)

But other than for that, I would look into the Imr Rah I mentioned earlier. Rumbly subbass to impact bass ratio and wide soundstage.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #2,640 of 3,338
Anole VX has better treble than much of its competitors. (and that is without the treble switch pushed on!)

But other than for that, I would look into the Imr Rah I mentioned earlier. Rumbly subbass to impact bass ratio and wide soundstage.

I don't know what i should do! Wait for the IMR Semper or order the Thieaudio Voyager 14. ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back