crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Oct 22, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,096 of 3,338
Just would like to say that placing Campfire Atlas in tier B is just total misjudgment in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's your ranking and do whatever you do, but I would advise to look more carefully into what Atlas can do. It is technically at least as capable as Andromeda is and for me personally it's even like one tier above. Can understand the hype about Andromeda, but I don't understand why Atlas is underappreciated.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,097 of 3,338
^ it is a subjective opinion BTW. Some feel that Atlas’s sound signature is too bassy that it ruins its tonality and technically in the lower mids or mids while some prefer the slightly brighter and less bass emphasized (compared to Atlas or EE Legend X) sounding Vega which can make someone feel that it is a perfect balance of fun and technical thus ranking it higher than Atlas. Personally, I rate both Atlas and Vega in the A tier but definitely not on the same level as the S- class Andromeda

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,099 of 3,338
jeez why cant people accept that this list has crinacles name on it and not theirs. crinacle has done an amazing job spending countless hours with each iem looking for things that others arent. if you like the atlas then you like the atlas
Just would like to say that placing Campfire Atlas in tier B is just total misjudgment in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's your ranking and do whatever you do, but I would advise to look more carefully into what Atlas can do. It is technically at least as capable as Andromeda is and for me personally it's even like one tier above. Can understand the hype about Andromeda, but I don't understand why Atlas is underappreciated.

Oct 22, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #1,102 of 3,338
From the main post:
  • Yes, this is the opinion of one person on the internet. Please do not get too offended if your favourite IEM isn't graded as highly as you'd like. (vice versa applies)
  • This list is meant to be used as a reference point. I highly recommend against blind-buying and suggest to have a listen to the IEMs yourself. By all means, use this to shortlist what you should try in the future but don't take it as gospel.
There’s really no need for anyone to get aggressive about where an IEM is placed! We’re all going to have our subjective opinions, and more likely than not, they won’t be a 1:1 match of crinacle’s. (For example, if these were my rankings, I’d bump down Gemini and CE-5, move Aether up one, and swap FIBAE3 with Harmony 8.2.)

Let’s not have this thread turn into a bunch of silly arguments :)

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,104 of 3,338
Very curious if the IER-Z1R will fall off your ears if you shake your head like a shampoo ad.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #1,107 of 3,338
Oh man, this update has me excited. Imma newbie when it comes to audio, so I really appreciate posts like this. Picked up the Massdrop Plus in May because of this thread, and I love them. I hope to pick up a Campfire or a custom IEM someday. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, as far as blind buying, where can a person go to test out IEMs? I'm not aware of too many places to try out IEMs in my area, but I must admit I have not looked too much into it. I havent made too many purchases into audio, but I've been blind buying everything so far. If this is the worng place to ask this, just ignore me.

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #1,108 of 3,338
Oh man, this update has me excited. Imma newbie when it comes to audio, so I really appreciate posts like this. Picked up the Massdrop Plus in May because of this thread, and I love them. I hope to pick up a Campfire or a custom IEM someday. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, as far as blind buying, where can a person go to test out IEMs? I'm not aware of too many places to try out IEMs in my area, but I must admit I have not looked too much into it. I havent made too many purchases into audio, but I've been blind buying everything so far. If this is the worng place to ask this, just ignore me.

If there's no store in your area like me then you need to depend on multiple reviews to make an educated guess on what CIEM/IEM that you would enjoy. There's sometimes tours of products or you could go to a meet like cam jam or RMAF. Everything I've bought was bought blindly. I've made mistakes before so make sure you know what type of sound signature you like and what source and amp will pair well with whatever IEM you go with.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,109 of 3,338
If there's no store in your area like me then you need to depend on multiple reviews to make an educated guess on what CIEM/IEM that you would enjoy. There's sometimes tours of products or you could go to a meet like cam jam or RMAF. Everything I've bought was bought blindly. I've made mistakes before so make sure you know what type of sound signature you like and what source and amp will pair well with whatever IEM you go with.

Ah that sounds good to me. I don't know of any stores with high-end audio to try near me. I am near a major city in the US (Atlanta, GA), so its more likely that I'm not aware of the stores. Reviews are a pretty great tool for me. Its a slow process, but I've been enjoying it.

I think I'm far from understanding my preferred sound signature, but I have an idea of what I want in sound in general terms.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #1,110 of 3,338
Very curious if the IER-Z1R will fall off your ears if you shake your head like a shampoo ad.
Actually I didn't find it that heavy la, and unlike most meme posts, I've actually tried them :)

Looking forward to the rank though, personally I thought they sounded very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back