crinacle's IEM Ranking List
May 18, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #439 of 3,338
May 18, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #440 of 3,338
@crinacle seeing as the MD+ as the cheapest cost ($300) by a wide margin at A-, can you comment more on what you liked about it?

A new drop recently happened and I made a purchase for it solely based on your rankings which I've confirmed to be pretty accurate with my hearing.

Thanks.

May 18, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #442 of 3,338
Pretty interested to see where the Nguyen Custom Monitor IEM's land since it sounded like they were being submitted for ranking by the owner.

I was curious too. Looks like the "Bella" from them has been placed in the "A" category. It's on the front page. A great showing!

-Collin-

May 19, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #444 of 3,338
@crinacle seeing as the MD+ as the cheapest cost ($300) by a wide margin at A-, can you comment more on what you liked about it?

A new drop recently happened and I made a purchase for it solely based on your rankings which I've confirmed to be pretty accurate with my hearing.

Thanks.

The MD+ is actually an IEM don't I don't personally like but it really has a lot of technical chops that can't be glossed over. It's well tuned, good bass response (for a BA setup) and has excellent detail retrieval. Unfortunately, the BA timbre comes off rather strong and doesn't sound particularly natural on vocals for instance, especially when compared to the higher end DDs and hybrids out there.

Again, the rankings are based (somewhat) on technical ability, which are but not limited to detail retrieval, clarity, frequency balance, tuning, coherency, staging and positioning precision. The Massdrop Plus is a very good IEM, but it may not be an IEM that fits your personal preference. If you like a diffuse-field tuning with extra bass then go right ahead.

May 19, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #445 of 3,338
The MD+ is actually an IEM don't I don't personally like but it really has a lot of technical chops that can't be glossed over. It's well tuned, good bass response (for a BA setup) and has excellent detail retrieval. Unfortunately, the BA timbre comes off rather strong and doesn't sound particularly natural on vocals for instance, especially when compared to the higher end DDs and hybrids out there.

Again, the rankings are based (somewhat) on technical ability, which are but not limited to detail retrieval, clarity, frequency balance, tuning, coherency, staging and positioning precision. The Massdrop Plus is a very good IEM, but it may not be an IEM that fits your personal preference. If you like a diffuse-field tuning with extra bass then go right ahead.

Thanks for the great analysis!

May 20, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #450 of 3,338
Interesting the TFZ 5s is in same bracket as pinnacle p1, it01, and se535.

I have the 5s and i don’t think they are as good as my pinnacle PX.

I mean in terms of bass quality, yes it’s very clean bass. The rest is lacking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back