crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #408 of 3,338
Hi, have you tried the AVARA ciem? they are affordable and i reckon will fare good enough in your list. The owner is super friendly too and very responsive on inquiries & requests, do check them out should you have the free time!
I suggest trying their AV2 & AV4.

Link: http://www.avara-custom.com/earphones/

Note: im not affiliated with them whatsoever, they just came up on the radar recently and tried them out. Quite good imo for the price especially.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #409 of 3,338
Wish they're were more Tier A to B-B+ with cheaper prices :frowning2: Need more ER4XR and GR07!

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #410 of 3,338
Wish they're were more Tier A to B-B+ with cheaper prices :frowning2: Need more ER4XR and GR07!

Campfire Comet on stock cable would be a tier B or B+ to me at 199 USD price

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #411 of 3,338
Campfire Comet on stock cable would be a tier B or B+ to me at 199 USD price

wow... that good, huh? I just may have to pick up a pair. I love CA's TEAC tech. I can't use silicone on all but one IEM Ive ever tried because treble death ensues. But for some reason, I can use just about any silicone tip in my collection on CA Jupiter and all is fine. Will you be posting a review of the comet with comparisons any time soon?

May 1, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #412 of 3,338
wow... that good, huh? I just may have to pick up a pair. I love CA's TEAC tech. I can't use silicone on all but one IEM Ive ever tried because treble death ensues. But for some reason, I can use just about any silicone tip in my collection on CA Jupiter and all is fine. Will you be posting a review of the comet with comparisons any time soon?

To my ears, it's like a mini Andromeda: smaller soundstage, less bass and treble extension and less lower mid definition making it a very slight V-shape. Even so, tonality is great for a single BA IEM IMO. I cannot describe sound as good as other people so I never drop any reviews on any of my IEMs. I would say they don't do anything bad, but they don't have anything special like those B+ A and S class IEMs that I've heard. A solid B or maybe Crinacles might put a B- to it, but I don't think he'll lower it to C

May 1, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #413 of 3,338
To my ears, it's like a mini Andromeda: smaller soundstage, less bass and treble extension and less lower mid definition making it a very slight V-shape. Even so, tonality is great for a single BA IEM IMO. I cannot describe sound as good as other people so I never drop any reviews on any of my IEMs. I would say they don't do anything bad, but they don't have anything special like those B+ A and S class IEMs that I've heard. A solid B or maybe Crinacles might put a B- to it, but I don't think he'll lower it to C

Have you compare it to the ER4XR?

May 1, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #414 of 3,338
Have you compare it to the ER4XR?

I actually have both. They're not comparable imo. ER4XR is tuned for neutrality (pure vocals, fast decay, good PRaT, slightly brighter treble, instrumental separation) whereas the Comets are tuned for fun (slight v-shape but overall very balanced, slightly recessed vocals, better sub-bass, wider soundstage). If I had to compare:

ER4XR - better for female vocals, folk, streaming

Comets - better for pop and EDM

I'd say they complement each other. They don't compete with each other. It's great to have both.

May 1, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #415 of 3,338
I actually have both. They're not comparable imo. ER4XR is tuned for neutrality (pure vocals, fast decay, good PRaT, slightly brighter treble, instrumental separation) whereas the Comets are tuned for fun (slight v-shape but overall very balanced, slightly recessed vocals, better sub-bass, wider soundstage). If I had to compare:

ER4XR - better for female vocals, folk, streaming

Comets - better for pop and EDM

I'd say they complement each other. They don't compete with each other. It's great to have both.

thank you do you happens by any chance to have auditioned the King Pro too? if yes, are the comets and the king pro sound similar?

May 1, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #416 of 3,338
thank you do you happens by any chance to have auditioned the King Pro too? if yes, are the comets and the king pro sound similar?

No I haven't. I'm actually doing some research on them. A lot of forum hype for them right now.

May 3, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #417 of 3,338
@crinacle Which tier would you place a properly driven Havi B3 Pro 1 (just in terms of sound only)? I'm trying my darnedest to get a proper, convincingly same sounding replacement, without paying stratospheric price, but also without that "subwoofer clipping" when listening to Killadelphia. The Havi looks to be discontinued, to my saltiness.

Is this a fool's errand, or can that sound still be found? I'd like to know, even if it may end up bendoverly pricey. Cos you know, at least I know it does exist...out there, somewhere.

If it noises...we can hear it. If it exists...we can buy it. If it bleeds...

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #418 of 3,338
Does anyone have experience with the different Hidition Viento-R switches? (I’m looking to get one with a set configuration, and while I’m planning to try them first, it would be great to get some opinions.)

@crinacle Does the default on the IEM measurements database mean that the IEM was measured with all switches off? And if so, is that setting the basis by which the overall grade was given? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back