crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Feb 6, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #316 of 3,338
Not being disrespectful by any means, but I would also add (as is stated at the beginning of this thread) that the equipment with which these measurements were taken is not pro grade either. Definitely not the same equipment manufacturers would use.

*sigh* For the 50 millionth time:

Lbh3UCb.png

There's enough disclaimers in my original thread to fill a book at this point.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #317 of 3,338
Not being disrespectful by any means, but I would also add (as is stated at the beginning of this thread) that the equipment with which these measurements were taken is not pro grade either. Definitely not the same equipment manufacturers would use.
of course it's correct, but I can't think of a lot of reasons that would cause such a clean fall right in the midrange. maybe you've noticed, but while the exact curves always change from rig to rig and compensation to compensation, the midrange is always the most stable part that even cheap mics achieve to capture correctly(within some margins of accuracy). also a big red flag is how that sort of behavior doesn't seem to show up in other measurements from cricri with the same rig.
so measurement issue wouldn't be my first bet here. if I had to guess, knowing nothing about the IEMs, I would bet on a defect. could be some pretty bad error in the crossovers, or more likely IMO, one driver damaged or with the output blocked. it does seem strange that any manufacturer would pick that kind of midrange behavior on purpose, so I guess this one could be written off as a lemon until some other sample becomes available.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #318 of 3,338
*sigh* For the 50 millionth time:

Lbh3UCb.png

There's enough disclaimers in my original thread to fill a book at this point.
don't take it personally. something is brought up as being abnormal, it's fair for him to bring up some guess as to why it could happen, including the rig. I didn't read it as a critic toward you and don't think it was. plus, you're definitely in the clear when it comes to warning about the potential limitations of your method and gears.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #319 of 3,338
Wasn't being a critic, that's why I said "also" to add to his comment about possible defective units and referenced that which is noted at the beginning of the thread. I enjoy this thread, but just can't take the graphs, as a final gospel, but more as a general idea.

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #320 of 3,338
FWIW - Crinn and I have measured a couple of the same IEMs, and his gear is roughly in line with mine. I'd have very good confidence that the graph he presented reasonably accurately represented the IEM he measured. If CTM say this is an outlier sample (which it may well be), then please send Crinn another one to test.

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #321 of 3,338
Wow what a cool thread, how have I missed this until now! Nice to see some familiar faces (that I also own) in the "A" category, but I had to LOL a bit when I saw the S-EM6 in the "F" category. I do not disagree in the slightest, I know the tuning is very unique and many have their gripes about it, but to me that is what makes it a bit special. I have never heard a more mid-centric IEM and it does some things in a very cool and unique fashion. It reminds me of driving an old, weird Saab that cannot compete in today's modern market, but it's still quirky, cool and eccentric. It doesn't get the chicks though.

Nonetheless, it was my first real high end IEM and my wife bought them for me for my birthday, so they will be kept forever despite their failing grade :)

-Collin-

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #322 of 3,338
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #323 of 3,338
CTM "house sound" anyone? :ksc75smile:

Feb 7, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #324 of 3,338
If you find that there is an issue with the FR measurement, please contact Music Sanctuary and have that demo unit replaced. I am not responsible for any oversights your manufacturer may have; whatever you have available for me to try out, I shall take at face value.
Hi @crinacle ! We would like to amend this measurement issue. We will be exhibiting at CanJam Singapore this year so if you're around we could meet and provide you with a sample that better represents the CT-6E's real sound. If not, please PM us with an address we can ship the unit to you directly.

Feb 7, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #326 of 3,338
Hi @crinacle ! We would like to amend this measurement issue. We will be exhibiting at CanJam Singapore this year so if you're around we could meet and provide you with a sample that better represents the CT-6E's real sound. If not, please PM us with an address we can ship the unit to you directly.

Unfortunately I won't be attending CanJam SG (as much as I would absolutely love to). I'll take a stab at the sample.

What tier do you put Final Audio E2000? It has same price as Zero Audio Carbo but sound like Heaven II.

I'll need another listen to it someday. I've been in a long hiatus so a lot of my aural memory is getting fuzzy.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #327 of 3,338
Hey, nice list. How would you rank Noble Savant, Audiofly AF180, Final Audio Design heaven VI and Sony MDR EX1000, Sony XBA40 on your list. Thank you!

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #330 of 3,338
Well I bought 64audio u18 tzar...... Sponsored from my dad....

I am budget lover ......

Expensive IEM have mature treble, very big soundstage and scape and clearer imaging.

Signature can be found in cheap IEM too.

As tin audio t2 sound same to u18 ....T2 is a weak on bass and a little not in control on treble.

And sound is very small compared to u18.....But I feel both have same signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back