crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Mar 6, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #351 of 3,338
@crinacle i was wondering have you had a chance to try the TFZ King Pro yet? Curious on how it would fit in the ranking

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #354 of 3,338
I wonder where the er3sr or xr would rate in this ranking

Etymotic isn't really popular in my city. Either I get demos or I'll have to be back in Singapore for a try.

Interested to see where the campfire orion would place in the chart. Also, which tips did you use with the andromeda for ranking?

People recommended foamies with Andromeda but I preferred it on silicone. Orion will be placed in soon, I have a few that I have got the notes to but haven't got them down in the thread.

Hifiman re400 be at least same tier as heaven ii. Re400 has lower treble but its low distortion makes up for that. Curious on iBasso it01. Could it sound better than iBasso it03?

RE400 is also somewhat harsh and doesn't quite have the tonal balance that I'm used to. I haven't really gotten to the RE400 for that reason, it's almost tiring to review it.

If possible, can you elaborate the differences between the sony z5 tonality and the periodic Be?

Also since they are in the same class, can you expand upon the differences and which one you prefer among the Sony Z5 and the AT E70?

I'll need an A/B comparison if you want the gritty specifics. All I'm doing is a rough "league" guide in which I can tell that, for instance, the Z5 and E70 play in the same league and are about on par in technicalities.

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #355 of 3,338
Custom Art FIBAE 3 just landed, on loan courtesy of @piotrus-g. Initial impressions aren't really that good, to be blunt.

Currently source and tip rolling to see if I can get the right combo before I write some more.

EDIT: been getting a tight vacuum seal with first listens. Made things tinny and sharp. Stay tuned.

EDIT2: Real impressions this time.

Clean vocals and real generous with the clarity. Midrange is also real forward, perhaps compromising on stage size so it doesn't really have a good sense of space. In terms of raw technicalities though, the FIBAE3 definitely isn't something to be scoffed at.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #356 of 3,338
Thanks for making this thread by the way. I have been into headphones a long time but am only recently getting interested in IEMs because the ones I have tried way back were no good at all.

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #358 of 3,338
would this be an appropriate thread to receive recommendations? OP doesn't forbid it, but I thought I'd check.

I'm currently looking to move up the chain (have the JH Audio Angie fed by Fiio X7ii). I tried posting in the help/recommendations forum, but not getting much traction. Would you please point me to the correct place to SUCCESSFULLY get recs or confirm I can reach out to folks by PM or this thread?

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #360 of 3,338
Here's just a little note to myself, the IEMs that I'm dying to try when I return to Singapore for a little break.

Warbler Prelude
Empire Ears Phantom
Empire Ears Legend X
64 Audio Trio
64 Audio N8t
Vision Ears Erlkonig

And of course, coming in soon is Nguyen Custom Monitor's own flagship hybrid, the Bella (as graciously loaned from @thomaskr). Still waiting for the one to dethrone the W900 as my favourite hybrid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back