crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #361 of 3,338
Here's just a little note to myself, the IEMs that I'm dying to try when I return to Singapore for a little break.

Warbler Prelude
Empire Ears Phantom
Empire Ears Legend X
64 Audio Trio
64 Audio N8t
Vision Ears Erlkonig

And of course, coming in soon is Nguyen Custom Monitor's own flagship hybrid, the Bella (as graciously loaned from @thomaskr). Still waiting for the one to dethrone the W900 as my favourite hybrid...

Any idea when you'll be able to get to those iems and post measurements/impressions?
The EE and 64 Audio entries in your post are also at the top of my ToDo list for AXPONA in mid-April.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #362 of 3,338
Here's just a little note to myself, the IEMs that I'm dying to try when I return to Singapore for a little break.

Warbler Prelude
Empire Ears Phantom
Empire Ears Legend X
64 Audio Trio
64 Audio N8t
Vision Ears Erlkonig

And of course, coming in soon is Nguyen Custom Monitor's own flagship hybrid, the Bella (as graciously loaned from @thomaskr). Still waiting for the one to dethrone the W900 as my favourite hybrid...

:astonished: asap pls add on your IEM Ranking List :pray:

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #363 of 3,338
Any idea when you'll be able to get to those iems and post measurements/impressions?
The EE and 64 Audio entries in your post are also at the top of my ToDo list for AXPONA in mid-April.

Empire Ears might be early since I'm currently discussing with their reps for review units. Everything else, probably around June.

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #365 of 3,338
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that your list has helped me so much in my journey trying out different IEMs and wanted to give you a lot of thanks for providing your thoughts.

By any chance, can you recall personally what characteristics you liked about the Flamenco? I have a pair of the Sambas and was considering selling them to help purchase the Flamenco universal from Jomo Audio's site. Most reviews state they trump the Samba pretty clearly, though there were some thoughts shared stating the Samba has better separation, which is something I personally love about them.

Anyways, I really look forward to any and all additions you make to your list. I have it bookmarked and look it up on occasion.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #367 of 3,338
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that your list has helped me so much in my journey trying out different IEMs and wanted to give you a lot of thanks for providing your thoughts.

By any chance, can you recall personally what characteristics you liked about the Flamenco? I have a pair of the Sambas and was considering selling them to help purchase the Flamenco universal from Jomo Audio's site. Most reviews state they trump the Samba pretty clearly, though there were some thoughts shared stating the Samba has better separation, which is something I personally love about them.

Anyways, I really look forward to any and all additions you make to your list. I have it bookmarked and look it up on occasion.

In terms of detail and clarity, the Flamenco trumps the Samba. But I prefer the Samba a little more since it has a little extra warmth to bite through the pervasive sharpness and coldness of the Flamenco and thus sounds a little more natural in timbre. Separation-wise they are similar to the point where I would guess that people would be 50/50 over both of them.

Please, would like to see more qdc iem.

I'll see what I can do when I go back to Singapore. No QDC where I am, unfortunately.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #368 of 3,338
@crinacle i was wondering have you had a chance to try the TFZ King Pro yet? Curious on how it would fit in the ranking
+1 on this as well as it01 and the upcoming it04

Mar 18, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #369 of 3,338
In terms of detail and clarity, the Flamenco trumps the Samba. But I prefer the Samba a little more since it has a little extra warmth to bite through the pervasive sharpness and coldness of the Flamenco and thus sounds a little more natural in timbre. Separation-wise they are similar to the point where I would guess that people would be 50/50 over both of them.

I'll see what I can do when I go back to Singapore. No QDC where I am, unfortunately.
Thank you very much OP! Also do you have a chance to try Fitear Aya?

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #371 of 3,338
Here's a little piece of IEM history right here.

rGzJaNj.jpg

The OG, The Legend, The Veteran: The Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10

Mar 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #374 of 3,338
Btw crinacle, would you say the KSE1500s were the most detailed IEM to your ears? Been realizing I'm a detail freak and was wondering if I should shoot for those instead.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #375 of 3,338
Btw crinacle, would you say the KSE1500s were the most detailed IEM to your ears? Been realizing I'm a detail freak and was wondering if I should shoot for those instead.

There's only so much detail you can squeeze out of your music files. Beyond that, there's a lot with playing with the clarity balance, the tonality and the tuning etc.., the apparent detail can be boosted by reducing the thickness of the midrange or by emphasising select parts of the upper midrange/treble, which does make it sound more detailed but it's more an illusion of detail more than anything once you hit the threshold (which, for my ears, lie around the A+/S- region).

The Flamenco, KSE1500, Samba, Fourte and Zeus are what I would rather as the detail-centric TOTLs, striving for clarity and pushing all the little details while sacrificing a little in naturalness and tonal balance. I can't really say if the KSE1500 is the most detailed IEM in the world since everything at the top are so close to one another that my opinion today could be totally different from my opinion tomorrow, hence my use of tier lists to avoid assigning a numerical rank number to individual models. However, I would say this: it being in S should tell you that I think that it's better than anything in A and every other below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back