crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Oct 27, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #3,076 of 3,338
Hi, everyone. I am rather new to this audiophile hobby. I just acquired the IER Z1R few months ago based heavily but not entirely on Crinacle's list -totally no regrets at all. Bass from the heavens and for me very good for rock, metal, most pop and electronic. I am now looking for IEMs or even headphones with a different sound signature for vocals and classical music. Hoping to get some recommendations and tips from you guys. Thanks
In iem's, my top 3 for classical would be:
KSE1500 (I recommend this version with EQ)
Final A8000
UM MEST (better all-arounder than the Final, but les dynamics and air, so worse for classical)

Headphones:
HD800
HE1000SE

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 30, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #3,078 of 3,338
In iem's, my top 3 for classical would be:
KSE1500 (I recommend this version with EQ)
Final A8000
UM MEST (better all-arounder than the Final, but les dynamics and air, so worse for classical)

Headphones:
HD800
HE1000SE

I’d agree with A8000 rec for classical. I don’t think I could do better personally. Wish it was a tad more consistent for metal music though. The speed, dynamics and instrument position works great for many tracks, however, treble tuning can be a bit much for me with cymbals sounding like a bleached hazey distraction on a lot of poorly recorded tracks

Nov 1, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #3,080 of 3,338
Does anyone know if Crinacle has plans to review the 64 Audio A18s?

Nov 13, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #3,083 of 3,338
Hi, everyone. I am rather new to this audiophile hobby. I just acquired the IER Z1R few months ago based heavily but not entirely on Crinacle's list -totally no regrets at all. Bass from the heavens and for me very good for rock, metal, most pop and electronic. I am now looking for IEMs or even headphones with a different sound signature for vocals and classical music. Hoping to get some recommendations and tips from you guys. Thanks
for something exceptional and very good with classics I can recommend the Dunu Luna.
Had it for 3 weeks for testing, and it's a bit controversial with it's tuning that is slightly aggressive in upper mids and drops off a little early in sub bass, but damn! These IEMs are incredibly dynamic and engaging. And the most comfortable IEMs I have ever tried. And very strong with mids, where I felt the Z1R a little lacking. I think they would complement each other beautifully.

Nov 13, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #3,084 of 3,338
for something exceptional and very good with classics I can recommend the Dunu Luna.
Had it for 3 weeks for testing, and it's a bit controversial with it's tuning that is slightly aggressive in upper mids and drops off a little early in sub bass, but damn! These IEMs are incredibly dynamic and engaging. And the most comfortable IEMs I have ever tried. And very strong with mids, where I felt the Z1R a little lacking. I think they would complement each other beautifully.
You really need to try the NF Audio NM2+. It is probably not technically quite as good as the Luna, but if you can tolerate the upper midrange, it is absolutely amazing. I can actually tolerate it easily in stock form, while I absolutely cannot tolerate the FDX1 w/o any modding/damping. The NM2+ is superb for classical music.

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #3,086 of 3,338
I don't know why I don't like VE8 and Andromeda and M9
I don't like the tuning to be exact

I need my mids from 200Hz to 1kHz flat as a ruler

My own Opinions only...

I do like hidition viento universal.. in bass setting but I think that iem do mote justice in ciem

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #3,087 of 3,338

My own Opinions only...

I do like hidition viento universal.. in bass setting but I think that iem do mote justice in ciem
I actually like the VE8 tuning now that I have them. It has a warm presentation that I really like for certain types of music. I really notice it now that I have picked up a pair of HD800S headphones and I listen to both every day. They both complement each other. I was going to try to get 2 IEMs to cover both scenarios, but I fell in love the HD800S so I no longer feel the need to pick up a neutral and detailed IEM for Classical.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #3,088 of 3,338

My own Opinions only...

You need to try the ThieAudio Clairvoyance, and perhaps the Monarch.

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #3,089 of 3,338
You need to try the ThieAudio Clairvoyance, and perhaps the Monarch.
Yah, I liked those..... But I feel somewhere that sonion Estats are still new, they just released the second gen drivers which are 3dB louder than old one, and 3dB is enough to make a difference...

But theiaudio clairvoyance and 64 U12t are nice

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #3,090 of 3,338
Yah, I liked those..... But I feel somewhere that sonion Estats are still new, they just released the second gen drivers which are 3dB louder than old one, and 3dB is enough to make a difference...

But theiaudio clairvoyance and 64 U12t are nice
If you don’t want the EST drivers, I’d consider the Mangird Tea or Legacy 5. Of course the U12t is a superb IEM, though a pricey one.

F7CC48DC-15F3-4F97-88D8-95C96D00CCE3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back