crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #2,476 of 3,338
I was interested to see you removed the UE4 back in June. I wish you'd heard it more recently, @crinacle. Do you remember if you had described it as neutral, warm neutral or DF- Netural? I'm looking to build upon it's strengths and general presentation, but wanting more of pretty much everything (though the treble seems about right). Trying to found out how you described it may help me reach for the next step, as I look at your list.

Nov 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #2,478 of 3,338
Hey Crin and friends! After reading review of the Sony WF-1000XM3, I got my hands and ears on a pair and fell in love. FR/Sig is 100% my taste. Now looking for a wired IEM that has the same/a very similar sound signature (but is an upgrade, of course. CIEMs also welcome). Got any recommendations?

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,482 of 3,338
^^ That graph
oh jesus

Cupid and the Racoon... does this mean I have to start giving the IE80 a modicum of respect for having both bass AND treble?

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,483 of 3,338
I don't wanna make assumptions, but I think Obravo is attempting something and we're just failing to understand the genius behind it. Clearly. Because I have no other explanation for this crap

lfwpS8K.png

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,484 of 3,338
First the Cupid preview, now this.. Obravo fans on suicide watch.

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #2,485 of 3,338
P R E A C H

Hated these from the moment I heard them early this year

It was at the high end Munich and I had been to a few stands, where the different manufacturers were excited to present their products

I got to oBravo and was greeted by one of the guys on their team (the owner maybe?)

I sat down, asked if I could have a listen, so he said of course

He then goes - “This is a 10 000 dollar IEM”

Nothing else - nothing to be said about the tech, build sound, sources, cables, nada

Took 10 minutes to confirm this is a borderline scam and I left. Never again oBravo

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #2,486 of 3,338
I don't wanna make assumptions, but I think Obravo is attempting something and we're just failing to understand the genius behind it. Clearly. Because I have no other explanation for this crap

lfwpS8K.png
This is really similar to the EQ you apply to crappy car sound systems to give them a bit extra fake resolution btw

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #2,487 of 3,338

lfwpS8K.png
Both probably tuned by those believe that graphs don't matter, and tuning should be done by ear. Haha. Probably just reflects their bad hearing. lol

oBravo Ra C-Cu response looks like a terrible RHA CL2 (which looks terrible as well), but oBravo with the bass is terribler (most terrible part is, it's $10k!). The mids looks like the CL2 so I wonder if it's a planar driver? That channel imblance in $10k iem!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,488 of 3,338
:heart_decoration: "Crinacle the Myth Destroyer" :heart_decoration:

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,489 of 3,338
Both probably tuned by those believe that graphs don't matter, and tuning should be done by ear. Haha. Probably just reflects their bad hearing. lol

oBravo Ra C-Cu response looks like a terrible RHA CL2 (which looks terrible as well), but oBravo with the bass is terribler (most terrible part is, it's $10k!). The mids looks like the CL2 so I wonder if it's a planar driver? That channel imblance in $10k iem!
I'm not into flat squiggles in headphones by any means, and I'm all for experimenting, it's the utter removal of huge chunks of the mids and highs and just nobass that make this clearly wrong, there's just no way it doesn't just sound weird, I can look at a fr response and be like "ok I can see what they're doing here, and what they're trying to do" but these obravo graphs are like they're being tuned to one specific song, where the singer resides in one peak, and each note lands in a peak, and they're just emphasizing these until the song sounds hugely dynamic or something.

I dunno, that's the only explanation I can come up with, because what happens when a song lands in all the dips, and you get weird off beats being emphasized? It's going to make you go "What the hell?"

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #2,490 of 3,338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back