crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Nov 17, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #2,466 of 3,338
The ex1000 is still highly respected, and has been for a long time

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #2,467 of 3,338
I'm sure there's fair share of fake reviewers on the Chifi threads as well. So much hot air in this place. You see people's sig full of KZ TFZ, yadda yadda. I see no point of buying and owning a bunch of them just because they are cheap. I'm not saying cost value isn't good, but there's crappy tuned ones on the thread people hype up, and it's just noise. It just turns into a big waste of time in the end.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,468 of 3,338
I'm sure there's fair share of fake reviewers on the Chifi threads as well. So much hot air in this place. You see people's sig full of KZ TFZ, yadda yadda. I see no point of buying and owning a bunch of them just because they are cheap. I'm not saying cost value isn't good, but there's crappy tuned ones on the thread people hype up, and it's just noise. It just turns into a big waste of time in the end.

Maybe some people just enjoy it?

A new project: the "Hype Monitor"

It's hard to keep track of all the new flavours-of-the-month and hypes of the IEM market, so I figured why not try it out.

I'd be interested to know what metrics, if any, are used to determine the status of an iem or if its just general feelings/comments.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #2,469 of 3,338
The ex1000 is still highly respected, and has been for a long time

sadly my ears can't deal with the treble top end.. and I'm a treble lover, but this still too fizzy for me.

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,471 of 3,338
Ran into this Blon-3 measurement from Klaus's blog. Looks like consistency issues. Kaus's blog: https://www.klauseulenbach.de/iem-frequency-response/

Check out the crappy Chifi measurements. I'm very interested in a database of cheap Chifi measurements.

blon_bl03.png

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #2,474 of 3,338
Glad I avoided these... Dodged a bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back