crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jun 26, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,861 of 3,338

I was working on a Raspberry Pi audio project and had some leftover RFI/EMI blocking faraday tape so why not to maintain that low noise floor...

dong.png

Jun 26, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #1,862 of 3,338
Hey @crinacle

Do you think you’ll get a chance to demo some of the new hybrids in Singapore this time? Not sure how quickly Euphoria and places get new products. (Valkyrie/Wraith, Elysium, upcoming 64audio IEM, Percivali, etc.)

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #1,866 of 3,338
Don’t you need to ground the tape to make the faraday effect work?

I believe that's for a faraday cage if your striving for complete 99.9% isolation. This tape acts more like a blocking/shielding similar to RFID blocking card/passport holders. It does work though. I only added a single layer to a travel router and it blocked me from connecting to the travel router. I was planning on double or triple layering. There's so much noise pollution in the air so I thought I give it a try. It wasn't my primary project, just an afterthought. I don't think it should have any negative effects, but the tape does work without grounding.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #1,871 of 3,338
Jul 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,872 of 3,338
I know this is akin to digging up the horse's grave, exhuming the corpse and then beating it, but this is one of the best posts I've seen in a while and can't not share it.

Really crazy with all these stuff. Comparing the IO to Andromeda (which to me is definitely top 3 in terms of overall tonality and that "BA timbre" is nonexistent) is of course comparing a cheap economical car to a fully loaded luxury car though I've heard worse tonality than IO at higher prices. IMO, CA's BA on their lower end lineup is a lot less prone to "BA timbre" than IEMs costing 2x or more. If IO was tuned like FiiO FH7, it would've been a giant killer for its price range IMO.

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #1,873 of 3,338
Really crazy with all these stuff. Comparing the IO to Andromeda (which to me is definitely top 3 in terms of overall tonality and that "BA timbre" is nonexistent) is of course comparing a cheap economical car to a fully loaded luxury car though I've heard worse tonality than IO at higher prices. IMO, CA's BA on their lower end lineup is a lot less prone to "BA timbre" than IEMs costing 2x or more. If IO was tuned like FiiO FH7, it would've been a giant killer for its price range IMO.

Agreed. The IOs are actually very capable sounding iems ruined by the middle finger midrange spike. IMO if Campfire releases the IO V2 with the fixed midrange, it'll be a giant killer and even a mini andromeda

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #1,874 of 3,338
Agreed. The IOs are actually very capable sounding iems ruined by the middle finger midrange spike. IMO if Campfire releases the IO V2 with the fixed midrange, it'll be a giant killer and even a mini andromeda
For me the IO suffers from the bass impinging upon other parts of the spectrum. This happens on every CA iem I've heard aside from the Andromeda and, the Solaris. I bought the Dorado and it was extremely disappointing. Not worth the price at all. It seems that CA has built a reputation on one of it's products, which turned out to be a one off. Oh, and I'm not Singaporean :) .

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #1,875 of 3,338
For me the IO suffers from the bass impinging upon other parts of the spectrum. This happens on every CA iem I've heard aside from the Andromeda and, the Solaris. I bought the Dorado and it was extremely disappointing. Not worth the price at all. It seems that CA has built a reputation on one of it's products, which turned out to be a one off. Oh, and I'm not Singaporean :) .
Unless one enjoys bass , has a great dac, amp, recording, and style of music. Plus enviroment and taste. Some people enjoys white bread while others prefer something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back