crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jul 3, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #1,878 of 3,338
Jul 3, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,880 of 3,338
Unless one enjoys bass , has a great dac, amp, recording, and style of music. Plus enviroment and taste. Some people enjoys white bread while others prefer something more.
If you're saying it's a matter of opinion and personal taste, note the first 2 words of my original post. And pretty much 100% of posts on headfi re: sq are opinion based.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,881 of 3,338
If you're saying it's a matter of opinion and personal taste, note the first 2 words of my original post. And pretty much 100% of posts on headfi re: sq are opinion based.
Guess ypu listen to pianos and female singers.

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #1,884 of 3,338
For me the IO suffers from the bass impinging upon other parts of the spectrum. This happens on every CA iem I've heard aside from the Andromeda and, the Solaris. I bought the Dorado and it was extremely disappointing. Not worth the price at all. It seems that CA has built a reputation on one of it's products, which turned out to be a one off. Oh, and I'm not Singaporean :) .
Wait till you hear the IO V2 hahaha

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #1,886 of 3,338
Jul 3, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #1,887 of 3,338
Makes you wonder how many revisions it will take them to get it right. The Polaris v2 is mediocre, a step backwards from v1 which wasn't a standout to start with.

I think they tried to cater to the bass heads with the V2. But problem is, the bass overwhelms everything. I can see only a small portion of the market enjoying these. I don't think they should market it as V2, maybe market it as "bass edition" because it certainly isn't a upgrade from V1 (it's more of a side grade)

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #1,888 of 3,338
I think they tried to cater to the bass heads with the V2. But problem is, the bass overwhelms everything. I can see only a small portion of the market enjoying these. I don't think they should market it as V2, maybe market it as "bass edition" because it certainly isn't a upgrade from V1 (it's more of a side grade)
I don't mind bassy sounding signatures eg z1r, m9,b only if the bass is clearly delineated from everything else. CFA haven't quite managed this yet IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #1,889 of 3,338
Audio is a matter of preference and taste.. however I do believe that tonality/frequency response and technicalities are things that can be measured objectively.. and yes graphs and measurements are good indicators too..

But the fact that there are a select few who swear by some stuff (calling them endgame, etc) that others have completely regarded as incompetent (read: crap) products, and further validated by poor measurements and horrible FR graphs, has led me to believe that some stuff are just not made for human hearing and were instead designed for angels' ears..

Therefore, in light of positive thinking, I will believe that those select few (read: hype train machinists, commercial reviewers) are FALLEN ANGELS.. because they are able to appreciate angelic sound that the rest of us humans cannot..

Cheees!

FYI: My reference iem is the PP8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back