creative recon3D pcie sound card + Denon AH-D5000 or Titanium HD (Without amp)
Apr 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #16 of 59
You can use both 3.5mm to RCA with AMPs(for headphone surround sound) or RCA cable.....

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #17 of 59

Quote:
You can use both 3.5mm to RCA with AMPs(for headphone surround sound) or RCA cable.....

thank you :)
I have contacted schiit support and they confirmed that and recommended to use the RCA better, they also informed me that the asgard would only AMPLIFY and wouldn`t alter or ruin the 3d sound effects of the Titanium HD.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #18 of 59
so Today I Have made my decision and ordered the schiit asgard along with premium RCA and MINI to RCA cables, and my wallet has passed out in the process :). I have also contacted denon support asking them if the D-AH5000 needs a an amp and they have replied that it would benefit from an amp through RCA or stereo analogue but havn`t went into much details and how much would it benefit the headphones to have a discrete amp.

hopefully they will reply with more details so I can have more clear picture about why a low impedance headphones might benefit from an amp and all.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #19 of 59
Low impedance alone doesn't necessarily make headphones being easier to drive.

Overall, I think you did well in going with the Asgard rather than the Valhalla, as both the headphones and the soundcard will pair better with the Asgard's sonic traits.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 59

Quote:
Low impedance alone doesn't necessarily make headphones being easier to drive.

Overall, I think you did well in going with the Asgard rather than the Valhalla, as both the headphones and the soundcard will pair better with the Asgard's sonic traits.

well hello again MR roller :).
well I took your advice and read some reviews and comments bout the asgard and you were right, so I went for it, so now that the spending is already done if you don`t mind giving me some insight about how low impedance headphones benefits from an amp?
and another thing how do you calculate the 1/8 rule or the 0impendance of a sound source or an amp?

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 59

Quote:
well hello again MR roller :).
well I took your advice and read some reviews and comments bout the asgard and you were right, so I went for it, so now that the spending is already done if you don`t mind giving me some insight about how low impedance headphones benefits from an amp?
and another thing how do you calculate the 1/8 rule or the 0impendance of a sound source or an amp?

Just remember, once you get the whole gear, just enjoy it for quite some time :)

While high impedance headphones have just about a necessity of being properly amped to sound good, low impedance headphones can sound ok without additional amping, but you will be missing out on soundstage width and depth, better audio separation and imaging, tighter bass, detailed mids, smoother/detailed treble, all depending on the amp used. You can have a low impedance pair of headphones that need a lot of current, so they are hard to drive low impedance headphones.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #22 of 59
I have read that in the case of a wide soundstage which are the best for gaming, having an amp could push the headphones to the limits in frequency range especially when you are watching movies and games and such where explosions happen and such, that you get to hear and feel the sounds very well since the headphones won`t be hungry for current and power and will deliver well.

is all this true ?

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 59
you just answered most of my question before I even post it :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #24 of 59
It's the amp's duty to drive the headphones properly, given that they're adequately matched. Keep in mind that different amps have different characteristics, both in specs and in signature.

Basically, the D5000 don't absolutely need amping to sound ok, but they will sound great with additional amping, and both games and movies will certainly benefit from that.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #25 of 59

Quote:
It's the amp's duty to drive the headphones properly, given that they're adequately matched. Keep in mind that different amps have different characteristics, both in specs and in signature.

Basically, the D5000 don't absolutely need amping to sound ok, but they will sound great with additional amping, and both games and movies will certainly benefit from that.

your right, there is this article I have read, one decent gentlemen did a comparision between various headphones in while gaming, using a gaming am/dac, his comments about the ah-d5000 were that a dynamic headphones with a wide soundstage would be amazing for games giving the imerssiveness and the wide frequency response they have, although he did not recommend them cuz their way expensive for gaming alone.

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #26 of 59
but again something like this such as the schiit asgard would last someone a life time, and I wont worry if I wanted to purchase another pair of headphones and or I wanted to use my headphones with another less powerful source such as a laptop, as you know these things happen, one might travel or simply change his reg for some reason, I will be putting my mind at ease knowing that I would enjoy those great piece of headphones on any source I use them with. I mean you don`t expect throwing a 150k on a range rover or a porche and not put some sport low profile rims and tires right :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 59
Budget is the buyer's consideration alone, as the D5000 are worth their price tag, IMO. If the headphones fit the needs of the buyer, then it's his own decision to make whether they're worthy enough.

And yes, if all goes well and you take good care of your gear, you should be able to use it for many years to come.

About cars, I would certainly like some quality rubber on them :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 59

Quote:
Budget is the buyer's consideration alone, as the D5000 are worth their price tag, IMO. If the headphones fit the needs of the buyer, then it's his own decision to make whether they're worthy enough.

And yes, if all goes well and you take good care of your gear, you should be able to use it for many years to come.

About cars, I would certainly like some quality rubber on them :)

speaking of cars I had some fine ride (nissan xterra 2007) and I was so into cars and engines and rubber and everything about them, so now I am into audio, gaming, pc, headphones, cuz their cheaper, but I wouldn`t mind having a good ride parked in the garage. :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #29 of 59

Quote:
speaking of cars I had some fine ride (nissan xterra 2007) and I was so into cars and engines and rubber and everything about them, but all that changed after I smashed it, hence the name headon collision, so now I am into audio, gaming, pc, headphones, cuz their safer and cheaper, but I wouldn`t mind having a good ride parked in the garage. :)

Too up and close experiences can change a man's view of certain situations, I'll give you that. But we all learn from time and experiences, good and bad.

Just keep in mind that if you do go nuts over audio and computers, you can also spend nice chunks of money :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #30 of 59

Quote:
Too up and close experiences can change a man's view of certain situations, I'll give you that. But we all learn from time and experiences, good and bad.

Just keep in mind that if you do go nuts over audio and computers, you can also spend nice chunks of money :)

tell me about it, but honestly the amount of money wouldn`t be as even close to the amount of money one would spend on automobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back