Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #4,756 of 12,335
In case anyone is interested I am selling my Crack Amp,No time to listen anymore with the new Baby. It has the Speedball option installed and Solen 100 micro fared caps part number PB-MKP-FC,Vampire Connecters,Elma Stepped Volume Control, and A Tung Sol 5998 and A Phillips 12BH7. I am also listing this in the for sale section and I will Put the price there.Sounds Great as you all know this amp,i've had it for about 1 year,Thanks for any interest. I am selling a mint condition Senn HD650 with Toxic cable also if interested.

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #4,758 of 12,335
  Helpful...Thanks for sharing.

You do realize your post history is publicly visible right?  So we can all tell you've posted this same exact statement in about ~20 different threads and nothing else?  http://www.head-fi.org/forums/posts/by_user/id/381731  

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #4,762 of 12,335
Either that or a very patient bot building up post count before spamming.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #4,763 of 12,335
My guess is that he/she is racking up the 50 posts to use the sales forum....

Cheers,
K

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #4,765 of 12,335
I'm itching to do some more mods on my Crack but there isn't a whole lot left. I already have the speedball upgrade as well as Solen 100uF film output caps and a stepped attenuator, along with plenty of tubes. I could probably experiment with bypassing some caps - is there any noticeable benefit from it? Maybe I'm just at the end of the road.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #4,766 of 12,335
  I'm itching to do some more mods on my Crack but there isn't a whole lot left. I already have the speedball upgrade as well as Solen 100uF film output caps and a stepped attenuator, along with plenty of tubes. I could probably experiment with bypassing some caps - is there any noticeable benefit from it? Maybe I'm just at the end of the road.

Just finished up fitting a Triad choke and swapping out the last electrolytic capacitor in the power supply for a jfx  premium film. Also trying out some K75 100uf PIO capacitors temporarily clipped in with some fly leads.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #4,768 of 12,335

have you noticed any difference in sound with the output caps or attenuator?  I would think the attenuator would just be cosmetic.  but who am I to say.  love to hear your input.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #4,769 of 12,335
  have you noticed any difference in sound with the output caps or attenuator?  I would think the attenuator would just be cosmetic.  but who am I to say.  love to hear your input.

While there could be some bias since I can't do a side-by side (and I like to think my money wasn't wasted), I think they both have some subtle effect. The caps cleaned up the sound and increased the bass response a bit. As for the attenuator, I was having a slight channel imbalance at very low levels which is gone. It also seems like there might a bit more clarity/transparency but I could just be imagining things. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back