Cowon Plenue P1
Apr 14, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,146 of 2,974
  I noticed that a few songs (flacs) the artist and song tagging is messed up. For this artist, I have 3 of his albums. When displaying by artist, one of the albums is displayed as "[Artistname" without the "]". The other 2 albums are displayed correctly. This is in Simplified Chinese. I used Mp3tag to edit all the albums at once to make sure the artist name is the same, but the P1 just continue to show the name without the "]". Anyone experienced this?

Make sure to check both Artist and Album Artist in your tags. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #2,147 of 2,974
I tried that. Same result. Oh well. I'll live with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I  find that it does this where a space has inadvertently been added to the end of the Artist name... very hard to spot too!

a good tagging programme is a must if you want to maintain 'order' with how all the music appears

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #2,148 of 2,974
Mp3 Tag will allow you to run a script that should remove any trailing spaces etc. It's a brilliant app. It'll even take 'The' from the beginning of the artist name and put it at the end.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #2,149 of 2,974
Mp3 Tag will allow you to run a script that should remove any trailing spaces etc. It's a brilliant app. It'll even take 'The' from the beginning of the artist name and put it at the end.

but it doesn't work on the Mac unless you run a windows emulator... I use a programme called Metadatics which has all the same functionality though it does cost £6.99 (I think) but it is rock solid

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,150 of 2,974

That's what I use. How do you run this script? Thanks.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #2,151 of 2,974
For those looking for a glass screen protector, the one for FiiO x7 works perfect. It's not edge to edge coverage but gets all of the LCD portion.

bd49c260e7c447a777588d9ae9967419.jpg

Apr 16, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #2,152 of 2,974
I am sorry if this question has been answered before,  but I honestly searched through this thread and failed to find any answers. 

- Is there only one "playlist / favourite"? If more - how many playlist? 

- Can you 'mark' the song(s) you like in the folder with a 'star' (or several 'stars')? (like you do in 'PowerAmp') 

- Are there any peculiarities in the player's playlist(s) / favourite? 

thank you!

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #2,153 of 2,974
  I am sorry if this question has been answered before,  but I honestly searched through this thread and failed to find any answers. 

- Is there only one "playlist / favourite"? If more - how many playlist? 

You can create as many playlists as you like but it isn't the easiest... you create the playlists from the main selection screen (with artists, all, folder, new, along the top) by selecting the icon in top left corner (looks like a bullet list with a cog) from this you click the icon with a folder and a pencil - the other way is to just press the star icon when a track is playing but I think this just adds to your default 'my favourite' playlist... finally (and most usefully)from the listing for any particular album the same bullet list with cog appears next to the play icon in the top right and if you click this then you can select a checkbox against each track in the album to add to a new playlist...

I don't find it stunningly intuitive but then I never use the function so it isn't second nature...

one 'bug' I found was that when remove the microSD card with the tracks in which form the playlist it doesn't (always remember) the tracks were part of a playlist next time you insert that same microSD card so the database must (in some situations) overnight the playlist data

hope that helps

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,154 of 2,974
  You can create as many playlists as you like but it isn't the easiest... you create the playlists from the main selection screen (with artists, all, folder, new, along the top) by selecting the icon in top left corner (looks like a bullet list with a cog) from this you click the icon with a folder and a pencil - the other way is to just press the star icon when a track is playing but I think this just adds to your default 'my favourite' playlist... finally (and most usefully)from the listing for any particular album the same bullet list with cog appears next to the play icon in the top right and if you click this then you can select a checkbox against each track in the album to add to a new playlist...

I don't find it stunningly intuitive but then I never use the function so it isn't second nature...

one 'bug' I found was that when remove the microSD card with the tracks in which form the playlist it doesn't (always remember) the tracks were part of a playlist next time you insert that same microSD card so the database must (in some situations) overnight the playlist data

hope that helps

Thank you very much! 
The situation got somewhat clearer :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #2,156 of 2,974
Apr 23, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #2,157 of 2,974
does the eq work if u connect the cowon p1 to mojo

and what do u thing of connecting cowon p1 to mojo in general

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,158 of 2,974
  does the eq work if u connect the cowon p1 to mojo

and what do u thing of connecting cowon p1 to mojo in general

Doesn't make any sense to use P1 as a transport for the mojo. Is that what you are trying to do?

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #2,159 of 2,974
  Doesn't make any sense to use P1 as a transport for the mojo. Is that what you are trying to do?

it makes sense when u need to drive more power hungry headphones, mojo with it dac/amp is more powerful than p1

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #2,160 of 2,974
the mojo needs to be EQ inorder to get enough bass.Well if you listen to women singing or just piano music then the mojo un equed is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back