Cowon Plenue P1
Apr 1, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #2,883 of 2,974
Yes, Plenue 1 with no sound enhancement does sound flat and smooth (= boring to me, but people may disagree).

If you want more life, please play with BBE settings first (very tunable surround feature that will help a lot), and try a bit of Mach3 bass.
For more specific things you can use the equalizer, but I always find it sufficient to use bit of BBE and bass boost, and they have enough levels to find the right balance for each IEM.

Cowon has had the best sound enhancements in the world for 15 years, so you have to try them.

I agree the sound is flat and smooth without eq. The thing i really hate is the veiled sound and the density. it cant even compared with lower end DAPs with/without eq.
thank you very much though.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,884 of 2,974
Hi, I just bought a P1 used. It came with a usb cable but I think it is a charge only cable. It will not connect to my PC. Can I just get a data usb cable? Or is it something special?

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #2,887 of 2,974
Thank goodness for junk boxes. I found a data cable, and it works for now.
Thanks, Panda

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #2,889 of 2,974
Hey all. I'm new to the forum. I've been enjoying the P1 for some time now. However, even with the internal storage and 200 GB Sandisk micro sd card, it's starting to fill up. Does anyone know if the 400 GB card would work on this unit, or perhaps the 256 GB version? I don't mind swapping cards if need be, but I would prefer to use just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #2,890 of 2,974
Hey all. I'm new to the forum. I've been enjoying the P1 for some time now. However, even with the internal storage and 200 GB Sandisk micro sd card, it's starting to fill up. Does anyone know if the 400 GB card would work on this unit, or perhaps the 256 GB version? I don't mind swapping cards if need be, but I would prefer to use just one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I already used a 256gb card for some time and recently I tested a 400gb SanDisk card (loaded with files) in the P1. It worked perfectly :thumbsup:

Apr 23, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #2,892 of 2,974
possible EQ preset recommendations? thx
I'm also not much of a fan of the normal setting. Each pair of headphones and ears will require something different, but there are some setting I tend to maintain with all of my headphones. I set BBE at around 6, Mach Bass at 3 or 4, 3d Surround at 2 or 3, and MP Enhance on. My EQ settings vary widely but I generally prefer the width on every band to be set to narrow. None of this may be to your liking, but the good thing about the P1 is that it can be customized to sound many different ways. I would definitely suggest experimenting for yourself. Some of the presets are a significant improvement over the default, but I managed to create a profile more to my liking than any of the presets within the first 10 minutes of playing around with the settings. It's been an enjoyable process of refinement since then.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,893 of 2,974
Hello guys, I'm just about to get a P1! I know, a bit late to the game, but quite excited nonetheless.
Anyway I'm sure there will be lots to play with, with the P1, and this brings me onto skins. Are there any skins that you guys are using other than the 5 skins provided?

Also, are skins still available for download? I've checked Cowon's website, doesn't seem to have them anymore. Furthermore, I'm mainly trying to get the "Oblique" skin that some have mentioned using, a couple of years back. So if anyone knows if it's available anywhere, please do let me know!
Thanks and much appreciated!

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,894 of 2,974
Not sure about the skins but welcome iannyjim1 the P1 is an incredible sounding dap. Still beats a few I have got since

Users who are viewing this thread

Back