Cowon Plenue P1
Jan 28, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,866 of 2,974
Hello,

I've been wondering if anyone has by any chance compared the P1 with Cayin i5?
I know they belong to a different price range (not so anymore though) but in terms of sound signature they should be pretty close, at least that's my consensous based on various reading I've done lately. I'm not asking if their performance is on par but just referring to the analogue ''character'' that apparently both carry.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and please do let me know your thoughts.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #2,868 of 2,974
Feb 2, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #2,871 of 2,974
So, I love this player, but I wonder what the possible battery replacement solutions are. I can feel that it is not lasting as long as long as it should; I don't want to trash it, as it's in great condition..

Hello Madcat207, i'm new to the site, but been reading it for some time now. i learn a lot from here, so i want to share the little experience that i have. i too think the battery life of the plenue 1 is too short. so i bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EKXR67M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. it fits the plenue pretty well, and it can give a full and a half charge, so if you charge your plenue 1 full, you will have 8 hours plus 12 hours with this device attached to plenue 1, and don't add much weight. Saludos!

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #2,872 of 2,974
Firmware V2.30 is out:-

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=C08&no=603

Warning / Caution :-

• The battery must be fully charged before firmware upgrade.
  • Do not reset PLENUE 1 during firmware upgrade.
  • Backup any important files in PLENUE 1 to your PC before firmware upgrade.
  • Please use firmware that COWON authorizes only.
  • JetEffect values might be initialized after firmware upgrade. Please record any important values.

Improvements :-

1. - Improve the ALAC play function(supports 32bit file)
  2. - Fix the error of playing and showing the DSF/DFF files that over 4GB
  3. - Fix the error of playing the specific 8bit ARE file
  4. - Support the 32bit 1ch WAV file
  5. - Fix the malfunction of JetEffect user preset UI(ver.2.21)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #2,875 of 2,974
I just bought the P1 from Jetaudio and it arrived this Tuesday. To my surprise the sound was BAD. I used to own fiio x5ii and AK jr, the sound from these two had way more density and clarity than it from p1. the heaphones I tried include miles davis turbine, audiofly af140, miles davis trumpet, and bose qc25. I would say the sound is on par with my galaxy s8 (sadly).
i know something must be wrong so i tried to use it as DAC to play the same file from my desktop. it sounded much better.

Can somebody kindly let me know whether some settings are wrong, or i have a defective unit. my package was opened (by the Canadian custom maybe) when i received it. Shall i contact Jetaudio or is there someplace in Canada i can get my player checked?

thank you guys very much!
Shaun

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #2,876 of 2,974
Must use its EQ.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #2,877 of 2,974
I just bought the P1 from Jetaudio and it arrived this Tuesday. To my surprise the sound was BAD. I used to own fiio x5ii and AK jr, the sound from these two had way more density and clarity than it from p1. the heaphones I tried include miles davis turbine, audiofly af140, miles davis trumpet, and bose qc25. I would say the sound is on par with my galaxy s8 (sadly).

Shaun
Yes, Plenue 1 with no sound enhancement does sound flat and smooth (= boring to me, but people may disagree).

If you want more life, please play with BBE settings first (very tunable surround feature that will help a lot), and try a bit of Mach3 bass.
For more specific things you can use the equalizer, but I always find it sufficient to use bit of BBE and bass boost, and they have enough levels to find the right balance for each IEM.

Cowon has had the best sound enhancements in the world for 15 years, so you have to try them.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,879 of 2,974
I have a P1 coming. I am upgrading from an IHP-120 Rockbox (alas old friend you served me well)so none of my more than 1000 flac albums have cover art. So I have started downloading art, but i don't know what resolution to download. Is 400X400 a gpod bet? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back