Cowon Plenue D
Jan 15, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #707 of 4,949
Jan 15, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #710 of 4,949
Quite an expensive brick...
It could have been a great day, I was so happy to get my Plenue D.
I plug my uSD card... nothing.
I then discover that ExtFat is still not managed by cowon (a REAL SHAME !!!, come on Cowon
angry_face.gif
)

Format my 128Gb SD card in FAT32 (not natively possible on Windows) copy my music files,
Insert the card, Plenue does start scanning (60 Gb of music files), then the device set itself in standby / power saving
I press start to wake it up.... and I get funny lines on the screen, and no way to power it off.
Plug it to my computer, it's not seen... I've tried all the possible key combination...
I did not find any way to reset the device.
Does anyone knows how to reset a (bricked) Plenue D ?

I will wait until the battery gets dried out, hoping it could solve the issue.
If not, well I'll bring it back and it would be my last Cowon (already owned an X5, I7 and X9)
Hopeful My I7 and my Ibasso X50 (that can manage ExtFat) are still running
happy_face1.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #712 of 4,949
Quite an expensive brick...
It could have been a great day, I was so happy to get my Plenue D.
I plug my uSD card... nothing.
I then discover that ExtFat is still not managed by cowon (a REAL SHAME !!!, come on Cowon :angry_face: )

Format my 128Gb SD card in FAT32 (not natively possible on Windows) copy my music files,
Insert the card, Plenue does start scanning (60 Gb of music files), then the device set itself in standby / power saving
I press start to wake it up.... and I get funny lines on the screen, and no way to power it off.
Plug it to my computer, it's not seen... I've tried all the possible key combination...
I did not find any way to reset the device.
[COLOR=FF0000]Does anyone knows how to reset a (bricked) Plenue D ?[/COLOR]

I will wait until the battery gets dried out, hoping it could solve the issue.
If not, well I'll bring it back and it would be my last Cowon (already owned an X5, I7 and X9)
Hopeful My I7 and my Ibasso X50 (that can manage ExtFat) are still running :happy_face1:
Hold the volume buttons for about 5 secs

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #713 of 4,949
Thanks a lot cuiv for your quick and efficient answer !

I thought I had tried all key combination... but only these with the power button involved.
Pressing both volume up and volume down at the same time did bring my Plenue back to life.

Thanks again 
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #715 of 4,949
  Thanks a lot Photoman, my device is back.
I've disabled sleep mode but when inserting the card the DB update does not complete.
After few seconds the device shuts itself down.
Maybe something wrong with the SD card (but it's a brand new one).
I'll try with a smaller one with less songs on it.

Might be your mp3 tags are screwed and the player is having a hard time adding them to the database.
If you can play the songs via folder browsing (and not via categories, artists, etc.), then your tags might be bad...

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #716 of 4,949
Thanks gelocks

You're true there could be some wrong/corrupted tag, I'm not really using tags I prefer old fashioned directory based management
...but the Plenue should not behave that way !
That could also be related to the fact that I did format the card with 32 sectors per cluster... that is stupid as default for part over 16Gb is 512...
I've tested with a 16Gb card and default number of sectors per cluster and the Plenue is having no problem.
I've reformated the 128Gb card with default option, copying back my files from my Ibasso (it will take a while) and I'll see how it goes...

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #717 of 4,949
HI Furax, 
          i had exactly the same problem after loading up my collection onto a 64GB card - the player switched off doing the database update or crashed with lines on the screen. I worked out the reset  after finding an M2 manual online. So thinking it must be a dodgy file - I copied half my collection - 25GB onto the card - started fine, copied half the remaining - stil fine - eventually all the files and it still started..
I did find out later that there was corruption in the FAT32 - found a tool in linux to fix this
Code:
 fsck.vfat -r /dev/sdXn

Maybe this was the original problem and deleting / recopying moved the corruption to somewhere else or its just a coincidence,

Happy with my new D - replacing a very well used S9 - but can now have my entire collection with room for more.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #719 of 4,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back