Cowon Plenue D
Dec 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #346 of 4,949
I just brought a 200gb sandisk micro sd card for less than half price, will try it in the Pm and Pd to see if they read 200gd.

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #347 of 4,949
I just brought a 200gb sandisk micro sd card for less than half price, will try it in the Pm and Pd to see if they read 200gd.

As long as you format in FAT, it should work. (Mine works on my FiiO X5 and Sony NWZ-A17

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #348 of 4,949
So small I can fit the Plenue D, amp, and iem into the iem case.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #350 of 4,949

This D sounds pretty close to the Plenue M. Actually bass impacts harder. Worth every penny.

Suspected as much.

Is there any background hiss?  I know with the J3, there is definitely hiss.  I've heard the Sony ZX-100 has some hiss, but the Plenue 1 and M both are black.

total black. I would buy 2 of these.

Careful here. What I have learned is that not all headphones hiss equally. Before commenting on hiss/blackness perhaps mention the iems used etc. Furthermore it appears that even when users report to testing hiss with same DAPs and headphones opinion of hiss varies greatly.
Having said that it's great to hear two headfiers here confirm a low hiss level.

I would love to see the M2 vs PD vs PM or P1 lol, bet there isn't much in it lol.

If D's SQ is very very close to the M, it is really a must have!!!

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #352 of 4,949
Dec 26, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #353 of 4,949
Can anyone comment on the volume levels from the D vs the M?  I'm really stuck between which one I want.  On one hand, it would be great to save like $500 on the player and call it a day.  But I do like the build and the quality that the M presents.  Battery life kinda sucks with the M, and it's a definite advantage for the D.  If both players are black, that's huge.

I know that using my J3 right now, I definitely get hiss with using both my Ultimate Ears 900s IEM's as well as my Sony MDR-1A's.  I also know that I really have to jack the volume up on the Sony's to get them to a good volume level - depending on what I am listening to and where I am, there are times I have to get the J3 to 35/40 on the volume scale, which I don't really want to do - I don't like pushing an amp to its near range as it will generally start to distort.  How is the volume level on the D vs the J3?  Is there more output power from the D?  I am not sure what the power output on the J3 is in Vrms (I know the D is 1 Vrms and the M is 2 Vrms) - I've seen it mentioned that max output is 29mW per channel (don't know what that conversion is).

The D also does not support all the file formats the M does, which I don't know if it's a big deal or not because I use mainly FLAC for everything now, but it would be nice to have the option to try a DSD file or something the future.  Either seems like a good upgrade to the J3, but I just don't want buyer's remorse for buying the D over the M or something.

This is too hard!

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #354 of 4,949
@marlin29311

Waiting to AB the D and M. But the M2 and M can drive IEMs (sony xba, shure 846 and JH angie) just fine. Over ear headphones are OK too. The M has very fine adjustment, I think 140 steps in all and two modes - IEM and Headphone. I think it just sets low/high gain. Neither of them ever distort at fairly high volumes (I listen in noisy environments). I think the M2 and D are very similar in output although the D probably sounds better.

Personally I will have and keep both because they serve different purposes: M is my holiday, around the house and daily driver because the sound is just amazing, but battery life does suck. The D will be my cycling, car DAP that can also be holiday backup.

So I would get both (yes I know it's expensive). For you, maybe start with the D, if you like it and want something better get the M when it's on sale. I do love the M's interface, so easy to use one handed. I hope the D will be similar, but they both have hardware buttons, which often saves Cowon's players lol.

I really doubt you'll have buyers remorse with the D - that battery life, that sound and that size, got to be a winner.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #355 of 4,949
@marlin29311

Waiting to AB the D and M. But the M2 and M can drive IEMs (sony xba, shure 846 and JH angie) just fine. Over ear headphones are OK too. The M has very fine adjustment, I think 140 steps in all and two modes - IEM and Headphone. I think it just sets low/high gain. Neither of them ever distort at fairly high volumes (I listen in noisy environments). I think the M2 and D are very similar in output although the D probably sounds better.

Personally I will have and keep both because they serve different purposes: M is my holiday, around the house and daily driver because the sound is just amazing, but battery life does suck. The D will be my cycling, car DAP that can also be holiday backup.

So I would get both (yes I know it's expensive). For you, maybe start with the D, if you like it and want something better get the M when it's on sale. I do love the M's interface, so easy to use one handed. I hope the D will be similar, but they both have hardware buttons, which often saves Cowon's players lol.

I really doubt you'll have buyers remorse with the D - that battery life, that sound and that size, got to be a winner.

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #360 of 4,949
It is out of stock there.

Your other option would be to import it from South Korea, but in Austria I payed almost 60 € for Taxes. I believe in Germany you would have to pay the same amount, maybe a little less.

I would wait till it is available in  Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back