Cowon Plenue D
Dec 22, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #316 of 4,954
Has anyone updated their Plenue D yet with the new firmware?

If so, could you please make a quick video to see if it improves the lag?

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Chroma-powered Nexus 6

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #317 of 4,954
Has anyone updated their Plenue D yet with the new firmware?

If so, could you please make a quick video to see if it improves the lag?

Thanks guys!

First off right out of the box I can say the DX90 has lag especially compared to the D. It was quick and now much quicker. The lag I noticed happened a few times but I havnt noticed it happening now. This tiny dap has a big fun detailed sound.

Dec 22, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #318 of 4,954
Less than 3 hours after my comment, Cowon delivers. Just what I expect from those Korean gents (>^=^)>

So how does it against the Plenue 1?
I have the M bought it after demoing the P1 on many occasions. Now I got the D. Great sound very very close to the M. Actually I love its sound as much as I love the Ms. EQ works great, BBE works great.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #320 of 4,954
I have the M bought it after demoing the P1 on many occasions. Now I got the D. Great sound very very close to the M. Actually I love its sound as much as I love the Ms. EQ works great, BBE works great.

If D's SQ is very very close to the M, it is really a must have!!!

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #321 of 4,954
My M2 just died, completely bricked. So I just ordered the Plen D (£169 not too bad) :) I need a small, very high batt life dap to take cycling and use in car. Will compare with my Plen M and should be able to tel how close it is to the M2 and C2 (had that).

It's a shame no coax or optical out, would make an amazing partner to the Mojo (yes I know Mojo has 8hr batt life). I wonder if they used a 4 pole jack socket could they introduce coax out with firmware update? I guess you need the digital source connected to the jack as well as the amp.

Cown making an add-on DAP that fits on the Mojo would be epic.

perky; It may come with that if you select europe as the region, I always select asia or wherever so it bypasses the cap.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #322 of 4,954
  My M2 just died, completely bricked. So I just ordered the Plen D (£169 not too bad) :) I need a small, very high batt life dap to take cycling and use in car. Will compare with my Plen M and should be able to tel how close it is to the M2 and C2 (had that).

It's a shame no coax or optical out, would make an amazing partner to the Mojo (yes I know Mojo has 8hr batt life). I wonder if they used a 4 pole jack socket could they introduce coax out with firmware update? I guess you need the digital source connected to the jack as well as the amp.

Cown making an add-on DAP that fits on the Mojo would be epic.

perky; It may come with that if you select europe as the region, I always select asia or wherever so it bypasses the cap.

Looking forward to your impressions.

If not the headphone jack, maybe they could implement USB OTG/SPDIF or wahtever with a firmware update? No idea if that is a question of just software or physical circuitry required.

(if you're still looking for a tiny transports for your mojo, the a10 walkman might be a good option, have to order a specific cable/adapter seperately, though... the other smalish digital out DAP i've found is the Shanling M2)

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #325 of 4,954
  Looking forward to your impressions.

If not the headphone jack, maybe they could implement USB OTG/SPDIF or wahtever with a firmware update? No idea if that is a question of just software or physical circuitry required.

(if you're still looking for a tiny transports for your mojo, the a10 walkman might be a good option, have to order a specific cable/adapter seperately, though... the other smalish digital out DAP i've found is the Shanling M2)

It surely could be possible since you can read/write to/from memory via PlenD's USB. Question is, can the USB driver handle the data rate?

That Shanling M2 looks nice and not bad price. May have to check it out, cheers!

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #327 of 4,954
This 15% off coupon sounds interesting... I wonder if I should cave in..

My J3 still works though.

The over all sound from the D is like the P1 nowhere near J3 sound.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #328 of 4,954
The over all sound from the D is like the P1 nowhere near J3 sound.[/quote]

I haven't been able to try the P1. I'm only worried about the overall lag to be honest.

The form factor and size are fine.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #329 of 4,954
The over all sound from the D is like the P1 nowhere near J3 sound.

I haven't been able to try the P1. I'm only worried about the overall lag to be honest.

The form factor and size are fine.[/quote]I have the Plenue M, I demoed the P1 many times. I had the AK 100II and 120II. Right out of the box its UI was similar to the AKs. I DL the new FW and I put 1w8 gigs into the D. The D is what I will use not the other dapsn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back