Cowon Plenue D
Mar 25, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #4,705 of 4,949
Thanks @PaganDL. It sounds to me like the changes are minimal and not so much of an upgrade. Not enough that would make me want to move from my PD anyhow.

Hi @mdtolic,

No problem, happy to help.

Personally & subjectively, the honest answer is no to upgrading PD to PD 2.
Unless one just wants another variation of the PD to add to their DAP collection, then yes, that is one's choice.
When it comes down to it, as stated, sonically, there is not a whole lot of difference between them.

So if you are more than happy with your PD, then by all means, hang onto it.
Personally & subjectively, just on sonics alone, very few more pricey DAPs come close.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #4,706 of 4,949
Just wanted to clarify that the Plenue D plays AAC files from iTunes with no issues.Many have said it does not but my new Plenue D that I just received does in fact play them. I loaded up 20GB of AAC files dragging them from iTunes on my iMac to my player with no issues. Cowon actually sent me an email when I asked them if the player supported AAC saying it does not which is not true. I assume the Plenue D2 probably also plays AAC files.

Mar 26, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #4,707 of 4,949
Just wanted to clarify that the Plenue D plays AAC files from iTunes with no issues.Many have said it does not but my new Plenue D that I just received does in fact play them. I loaded up 20GB of AAC files dragging them from iTunes on my iMac to my player with no issues. Cowon actually sent me an email when I asked them if the player supported AAC saying it does not which is not true. I assume the Plenue D2 probably also plays AAC files.

More than likely @mattg3,

Not a format I use personally but good to know for those who do.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 27, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #4,709 of 4,949
What does the little earbud symbol mean at the top of the screen? Is this "headphone mode" or something that I saw someone mention in another thread? I couldn't find any way to change this, nor do I understand what it means.
yes, if you see an earbud symbol that means that headphone mode is off.
you find the button to toggle headphone mode at the bottom of the third column in the settings screen (i.e. the screen accessed via the icon in the top right of the playback screen).

Mar 27, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #4,710 of 4,949
yes, if you see an earbud symbol that means that headphone mode is off.
you find the button to toggle headphone mode at the bottom of the third column in the settings screen (i.e. the screen accessed via the icon in the top right of the playback screen).

Could you please elaborate a bit more about how to get that headphone mode? I went to settings and the third option is sleep mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back