Cowon Plenue D
Oct 17, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #3,557 of 4,949

In what ways does the current Plenue D firmware differ from the initial release and first firmware update? I might probably get it again.

I did not have any issues straight out of the box, [...]

Me neither, however the UI was just somewhat too slow and unresponsive for me, especially when scrolling through folders/lists. I'm not sure whether it's because of the programming or slow CPU of the Plenue D, but the Plenue M2 is miles ahead and super responsive as well as fast when it comes to UI and navigation/scrolling speed.

Oct 17, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #3,558 of 4,949

Me neither, however the UI was just somewhat too slow and unresponsive for me, especially when scrolling through folders/lists. I'm not sure whether it's because of the programming or slow CPU of the Plenue D, but the Plenue M2 is miles ahead and super responsive as well as fast when it comes to UI and navigation/scrolling speed.

Agree with you. At the moment PM2 considering price of $649 from JetAudio has no competition for responsiveness of the screen, built quality and sound, oh that sound quality! Jet effect 7 really makes Earth spin around.Lol!

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #3,559 of 4,949

The UI lag was one of my issues but I could've lived with that.
The killer was for me the way it handles playlist and the absence of a queue.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #3,560 of 4,949

In what ways does the current Plenue D firmware differ from the initial release and first firmware update? I might probably get it again.

At the beginning scrolling on the screen was slow, locking. But with firmware updates improved as well. Moreover I had the noise problem in the exchange of tracks that disappeared with the firmware update.

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #3,561 of 4,949
Since my company buy me a £200 gift as a long service award (as well as giving me £300 entertainment budget for friends
beerchug.gif
) I've treated myself to one of these, 

It'll be an upgrade (I hope) on my ibasso DX-50 and was a real toss-up between the X3/X5 or this. Hopefully free money well spent 
darthsmile.gif

I have a few Clips and a Fuze (in car, in man bag, upstairs in house) that I also plan on replacing with an Fiio M3 or two, just thought I'd throw that out there. 
regular_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,564 of 4,949

FYI.  You can quickly move up and down list by tapping or dragging the scroll bar on the right.  It will disappear in a few seconds but will reappear when you scroll up/down.  Just tap to any spot along the right side to "instantly" scroll up or down.

Side note.  Cowon reps, if you are lurking.  PLEASE BRING BACK BOOKMARK FUNCTION.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #3,565 of 4,949
Hi all. 

Did anyone here go directly from the Cowon S9 or J3 to the Plenue D? If so was the sound quality/change worth it? I'm using my Shure SE535 as my dailies (though temporarily using some UE600s because my Shure cable has flaked out). 

The 'dilemma' I have is that my J3 works just fine. Battery still reasonable, still sounds good, no major issues at all. 

Is it worth replacing my J3 when I have no notable issues with it? Or perhaps only when my J3 inevitably dies. 

Small shame it doesn't have Bluetooth, (only used for an external portable speaker in rare instances, not a deal breaker). 

I've read many complain about the clunky UI (Frankly expected from Cowon) but the PM2 is almost 3 times the price here in Aus so I won't be jumping onto that. It's basically a choice of FiiO X5, Plenue D, or wait til my J3 dies then decide..

If the sound quality jump is not reasonably noticeable over the J3 I may just wait it out..

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #3,566 of 4,949
  Hi all. 

Did anyone here go directly from the Cowon S9 or J3 to the Plenue D? If so was the sound quality/change worth it? I'm using my Shure SE535 as my dailies (though temporarily using some UE600s because my Shure cable has flaked out). 

The 'dilemma' I have is that my J3 works just fine. Battery still reasonable, still sounds good, no major issues at all. 

Is it worth replacing my J3 when I have no notable issues with it? Or perhaps only when my J3 inevitably dies. 

Small shame it doesn't have Bluetooth, (only used for an external portable speaker in rare instances, not a deal breaker). 

I've read many complain about the clunky UI (Frankly expected from Cowon) but the PM2 is almost 3 times the price here in Aus so I won't be jumping onto that. It's basically a choice of FiiO X5, Plenue D, or wait til my J3 dies then decide..

If the sound quality jump is not reasonably noticeable over the J3 I may just wait it out..

I had the J3 and changed into Plenue D. Plenue D was well worth it, the sound quality difference is considerable! The sound is fuller, more detailed, more powerful!

Oct 17, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #3,567 of 4,949

I had the J3 and changed into Plenue D. Plenue D was well worth it, the sound quality difference is considerable! The sound is fuller, more detailed, more powerful!

Good to know! Now just to save them coins... Might sell some old computer parts I have lying around XD. My J3 can become my in-car player when I eventually get a bluetooth connection for my car... Thanks for your reply. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #3,568 of 4,949

FYI.  You can quickly move up and down list by tapping or dragging the scroll bar on the right.  It will disappear in a few seconds but will reappear when you scroll up/down.  Just tap to any spot along the right side to "instantly" scroll up or down.

Yep, I'm aware ow it.

Side note.  Cowon reps, if you are lurking.  PLEASE BRING BACK BOOKMARK FUNCTION.

I don't think that Cowon is reading here. It would be probably most effective to create an account on the Cowon website and post the suggestion there.

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #3,570 of 4,949
I am very interested in getting a PD.
Anyone have experience or knows if it can drive well a b&o beplay h6 gen1? Does it have the sufficient power, since it normally needs an amp to do it's best.
I am normally drive it with my smartphone but I am not very happy to much treble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back