Cowon Plenue D
Jun 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #2,941 of 4,949
Thanks for that I have looked back when I got it tried the setting didn't like them.
What do you set the frequency for each settings to With those setting you suggest?
Thanks

It depends on your IEM or headphone for everyone it will be different.

My settings with IEM's looking for accuracy:

80 Hz Wide +1 ~ +3   <Pick your + amount 
385 Hz Wide +1 ~ +3 <Pick your + amount
780 Hz Wide +1 ~ +3 <Pick your + amount
4.1 Khz Wide +1 ~ +3 <Pick your + amount
9 Khz Wide +1 ~ +3 <Pick your + amount

BBE=3
MB=3
3D=1  
MP=OFF

MP does add clarity but it also add sibilance at high volumes I noticed with some songs as does BBE. 

Other settings I like are:

EQ Off
BBE=3 
MB=3 
3D=1  
MP=ON

These settings are very slight but enough to notice, but if you have very detailed IEM's or headphones you don't need much of anything but again it depends on the music and the quality too.

Hope that helps.

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #2,944 of 4,949
Jun 22, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #2,945 of 4,949
Hello new owner of Cowon plenue D, for the seasoned owners. how can you adjust the eq for more vocals without it being dark. because everytime i increase the 80hz i feel the vocals are becoming dark. so i adjust the other paramameters but after that i feel that the sound is not balanced anymore so i just turn the eq off then just settle for Normal.  I am also a newbie at eq'ing TIA!
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #2,946 of 4,949
  Hello new owner of Cowon plenue D, for the seasoned owners. how can you adjust the eq for more vocals without it being dark. because everytime i increase the 80hz i feel the vocals are becoming dark. so i adjust the other paramameters but after that i feel that the sound is not balanced anymore so i just turn the eq off then just settle for Normal.  I am also a newbie at eq'ing TIA!
bigsmile_face.gif

Try Normal on the frequency width. If it's not enough use Narrow on 80Hz. Narrow will not effect the mids as Wide does. Using Narrow, the frequency curve will be more narrower than Wide or Normal . The other option is to use MegaBass and see if you like that better and leave the 80Hz at 0.

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2,947 of 4,949
Try Normal on the frequency width. If it's not enough use Narrow on 80Hz. Narrow will not effect the mids as Wide does. Using Narrow, the frequency curve will be more narrower than Wide or Normal . The other option is to use MegaBass and see if you like that better and leave the 80Hz at 0.
Thank you. I mean 780hz for the increase in vocals. But what i did was also increase the 3.0hz to increase the highs a bit. Because i prefer a flat sound with a hint of warm vocals. I back read. And your eq observations are on point. Like dont increase bbe or m3bass to more than 3. I try to make all the eq parameters flat and natural as much as possible but for older recordings is where im having issues because the sound tends to be little bit dark. (70s artists) So i just have another settings for older recordings like increase 3+ bbe, m3bass, then 780 & 3.0hz +2. Which works fine for now but im still experimenting. Hope to have more advice from you to get the sound signature i want:grin:

Jun 22, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,948 of 4,949
Thank you. I mean 780hz for the increase in vocals. But what i did was also increase the 3.0hz to increase the highs a bit. Because i prefer a flat sound with a hint of warm vocals. I back read. And your eq observations are on point. Like dont increase bbe or m3bass to more than 3. I try to make all the eq parameters flat and natural as much as possible but for older recordings is where im having issues because the sound tends to be little bit dark. (70s artists) So i just have another settings for older recordings like increase 3+ bbe, m3bass, then 780 & 3.0hz +2. Which works fine for now but im still experimenting. Hope to have more advice from you to get the sound signature i want:grin:

Welcome. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #2,949 of 4,949
As far as options go, there is the official case from Cowon, case by Noreve, case by Dignis, case by Tuff-Luv

Cowon/Dignis cases offer basic body protection where the Noreve/Tuff-Luv cases have a flap to cover the screen. The Tuff-Luv case also has slots for other MicroSD card, which could be pretty useful.

Like the design of Tuff-Luv case but why is all the case so expensive?

Jun 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #2,953 of 4,949
I also am running 1.13 and everything works just fine for me. I noticed no differences in any function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back