Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Apr 9, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #301 of 1,024

I just reviewed VEGA, and found it performing the best in high gain w/LPG, as well as high gain of other daps, it does like power.

@twister6:
Can you comment on pairing of Plenue 2 with Vega?  I read your updated review, and it's really got me thinking the Vega is my next IEM.   Thanks

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #303 of 1,024
Thx for reply ! Sorry I meant as amp only as stack with your dap ?
Just checked your material signature... maybe the FIIO A5 currently ?
And which ALO do you prefer as you own both RX MK3 ? (I also have th RX B+ myself)
Regards

strangely i prefer the alo mk3 -B more than the B+, the alo is better than fiio a5 headphone and its my prefered amp until now

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #307 of 1,024

Regarding the question others are having about LPG vs P2, I just did another listening, using more neutral UERR, switching between these two, and it's stil very close in sound.  If you have LPG and thinking about the upgrade, the big selling point is JetEffects which are simply amazing.  It turns PM2 from a mid-fi sound to summit-fi and can fine tune the sound of mediocre IEMs to sound one level higher without being artificial.  With P2 sounding close to LPG, imaging applying JetEffect dsp effects to LPG, and having a touch screen and balanced output and no need for a proprietary charger.  But LPG has more power and a more solid build and full SD card.  Both have their pros and cons.

Hello and thanks...I will skip on the P2, it seems awesome but I have so many DAPs that something sounding close to LPG would be a waste.

Regarding KANN, the jury is still out, but based on what we have seen with AK Jr, AK70, AK300, etc., A&K likes to cut corners with their "budget" releases, and I have a feeling they won't make $1k DAP to sound as good or half as good as their $3.5k flagship or $5k AK380ss+amp.  Just my opinion, though I hope to be proven wrong.

But the Kann is not for music listening, it is to anchor a large war Zeppelin to the ground.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #308 of 1,024
Hello and thanks...I will skip on the P2, it seems awesome but I have so many DAPs that something sounding close to LPG would be a waste.

But the Kann is not for music listening, it is to anchor a large war Zeppelin to the ground.
plus you already have a bigger anchor with that bling bling Sony.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #311 of 1,024
So... I just received my Plenue 2 and I'm not sure if it was designed like this but when I shake the device, I hear the 2 knobs rattling back and forth.. Is anyone experiencing the same issue or am I the only one with this defected device ):

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #312 of 1,024
So... I just received my Plenue 2 and I'm not sure if it was designed like this but when I shake the device, I hear the 2 knobs rattling back and forth.. Is anyone experiencing the same issue or am I the only one with this defected device ):
why would you shake it ?

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #315 of 1,024

It's not defective, just a part of the design (as confirmed by Cowon).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back