Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #2,596 of 3,200
Anyone try the J3 with Brainwavz M4? My first pair of M4s developed a problem after a while of using it with the J3, and I have a new pair now but I fear they may do the same. TBH I don't trust Brainwavz's build quality too much anymore and I think I might sell the new ones

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #2,597 of 3,200

Quote:
Anyone try the J3 with Brainwavz M4? My first pair of M4s developed a problem after a while of using it with the J3, and I have a new pair now but I fear they may do the same. TBH I don't trust Brainwavz's build quality too much anymore and I think I might sell the new ones

What kind of problem they had?

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,598 of 3,200
Static, audio channels would be imbalanced, etc. In any case it was related to the 3.5mm connector, it seems to be low quality on the M4s. The first M4's 3.5mm looked highly tarnished, and the new one looks slightly tarnished or worn as well.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2,599 of 3,200

Quote:
Static, audio channels would be imbalanced, etc. In any case it was related to the 3.5mm connector, it seems to be low quality on the M4s. The first M4's 3.5mm looked highly tarnished, and the new one looks slightly tarnished or worn as well.

Time will show if it is an individual defect or more cases appear. I think the M4 is the first brainwavz which comes from a different manufacturer.  I hope the factory didnt do anything stupit and messed the first batch.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #2,607 of 3,200
Apologies if this has been already asked - this is such a large thread :D
AMPS - I thought their only purpose was to increase the volume (i.e. amplify the sound) because the standard volume didn't go loud enough for some people's tastes. Which sounds odd considering I can't tolerate more than volume 17-18 on my J3. Anything above 25 would literally damage my ears, I believe the J3 goes all the way to 40.

Then there's sound quality/clarity. J3's EQ settings are nothing short of insane, you can tailor your sound to whatever you want. How does an amp increase quality/clarity by amplifying the signal that's coming out of the J3? It sounds like the equivalent of trying to enlarge a tiny image without it going completely pixelated, i.e. it's near impossible.

<so confused>

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #2,608 of 3,200

Quote:
Apologies if this has been already asked - this is such a large thread :D
AMPS - I thought their only purpose was to increase the volume (i.e. amplify the sound) because the standard volume didn't go loud enough for some people's tastes. Which sounds odd considering I can't tolerate more than volume 17-18 on my J3. Anything above 25 would literally damage my ears, I believe the J3 goes all the way to 40.

Then there's sound quality/clarity. J3's EQ settings are nothing short of insane, you can tailor your sound to whatever you want. How does an amp increase quality/clarity by amplifying the signal that's coming out of the J3? It sounds like the equivalent of trying to enlarge a tiny image without it going completely pixelated, i.e. it's near impossible.

<so confused>

Believe the volume you hear would depend on your HP's specs. So the db you get on your HP is not the same as a different spec'd HP.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #2,609 of 3,200

I need help

I want to find that Music UI but i can not do so.
I had it for a while and deleted it. I am searching the S9 and J3 forums but i can not find it =/

The UI was meant for the S9 if memory serves at the time that i read the thread which i downloaded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back