Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #2,521 of 3,200
hey, what case are you guys using??

I'm using the Official Cowon Hard case and i don't like it at all, dusts go in it so much, its so noticeable on the chrome part.

i might get the Official Cowon Jelly case.....any recommendations??

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #2,522 of 3,200
I recommend the Ringke silicon case. It fits perfectly and covers the side buttons but has raised areas so you can still use the buttons by feel. The silicon doesn't have the dust magnet feel. I use it with a screen protector and very happy with the level of protection and looks.

EDIT: I really should call it a skin, not a case.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #2,524 of 3,200
WOW, SGP doesn't have Steinheil screen protector and Incredible Shield on their English website but on the Korean site, they have both!!

im so getting them installed from their authorised dealer when i go to Korea this winter (summer here in Adelaide), i was pretty disappointed when i couldn't find it on the English website. Cause if you've read reviews about them, you'll know how good they are....i have them on my Macbook Pro.

the best thing is, if you get it installed from a authorised dealer, and its got dust, bubbles, etc. they install a new one for free and its got life time warranty!!

i might just get a full body from SGP instead...

http://www.sgpstore.co.kr/shop/big_section.php?cno1=1751

just use google translate....

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #2,525 of 3,200

Quote:
No need for apologies. I appreciate the help. One question: Are you saying I can use favorites like a dynamic playlist?

Yeah, though it's not quite as good as Rockbox's system. I'll try explaining step by step :)

Clear your favorites completely.
Add at least one track that you want to listen to to your favorites.
Go to your favorites, start playing the first track, make sure shuffle is off.
From then on, you can add more music to your favorites, and they'll be added to the playlist automatically.

Files can only be added to the end of the playlist this way, but you can remove any tracks you want.
Any better?

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #2,526 of 3,200
Got it and exactly as I thought. Thanks much.

Quote:

Yeah, though it's not quite as good as Rockbox's system. I'll try explaining step by step :)

Clear your favorites completely.
Add at least one track that you want to listen to to your favorites.
Go to your favorites, start playing the first track, make sure shuffle is off.
From then on, you can add more music to your favorites, and they'll be added to the playlist automatically.

Files can only be added to the end of the playlist this way, but you can remove any tracks you want.
Any better?

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #2,527 of 3,200
Yeah, I have Ringke case and is pretty nice (and cheap).

I got the Ringke skin, and it is perfect in every way -- looks like a 2nd skin. Feels a little funny at first in yr hands, but feels right now.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #2,528 of 3,200
Interesting UI.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #2,529 of 3,200

Quote:
Interesting UI.

thats such a cool UI, I've tried kizunes Sense, leaf, and lync and uninstalled them all cause it just made them harder to use. I just want fast and easy UI but the custom skins would slow everything down a tiny bit and it really bothered me. So i uninstalled it. It did look a lot nicer than stock. But every time i returned to menu it would refresh, and it was even slower when i went to the playlist.

so I'm using the menu that looks like the Zune UI, i would love to try that one, where can i get it??

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #2,530 of 3,200
I just installed that UI and its really nice.

but there are things that are not in non korean versions of the J3 like DMB and dictionary.

http://vasurada.egloos.com/5553217

use google translate

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #2,532 of 3,200
i got it now, i have to enable 'internal browser' to have custom skin in playlist and i can also enable 'direct start' to start this menu screen on boot up.

i really liking this UI

edit: ill add the home screen picture
i chose the perfect wallpaper for this

and i can't figure out how to change EQ on the music screen

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2,535 of 3,200
Quote:
hi guys. can anyone help me unbrick my j3? tcctool won't work. It still gets stuck at loading screen after transferring using tcctool.

I think the guys down at iAudiophile or AnythingButiPod will be able to help you more~
Check out their J3 forum, many helpful people there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back