Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2,506 of 3,200

Quote:
You can just put the music on the J3 itself, and from there create a playlist. It saves the hassle. 

Kizune's UCIs help out with that. Make it so much easier....

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #2,508 of 3,200

Quote:
Thanks for that I'll give it a try. I presume it makes playlists a lot easier? 

Yeah, his UCIs make playlists much easier, from setting them up to adding music. Its far more intuitive than using J3s native playlist support which is pretty much non existent.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #2,509 of 3,200
I have been trying Kizune's UCI and definitely like it much better than the OEM. However, apparently I am being dense in regards to playlists. I just can't quite figure out how to build playlists on the fly. I never build playlists that I listen to time and time again. When I have a listening session, I like to go through my library and pick out songs I want to listen to at that time. Not even interested in saving them. It is just for what I am in the mood to listen to at a particular moment.

I have looked for write ups and watched a number of videos but I haven't come across someone or something stepping me through building dynamic playlists. If someone can link me or get me started, I would appreciate it.

Really enjoying the J3, btw! Very happy with my purchase. Put a Realook screen protector and a Ringke skin on it so it is nice and protected. Currently have a 16gb SD card in. May go to 32 but haven't filled up the 48gb yet so no rush there. Really like the customability aspect as well. Especially with these UCIs. Nice way to take advantage of the Flash support!

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #2,510 of 3,200
The easiest way to do it is to put the songs you want in your favorites, and then play that.
By default you can only add songs to the end of the list or delete individual or all songs, but Kizune's UCI can change their order, and even save the playlist, i believe.

You have to have songs in your favorites to add songs to the UCI's playlist (Select "Fill from favorites" or something like that).

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #2,512 of 3,200
^^^
This happens to me as well. The first few months I had the J3 it was fine. It seems to have started the first time I completely depleted the battery before recharging.

Oct 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #2,513 of 3,200
Quote:
Is it normal for the clock to reset itself? It just reverted back to 2008 and some random time.

x3
I have noticed that the J3 resets the clock every time the battery dies =[
It's not THAT big of a deal, but it gets annoying having to reset the clock every time it happens..

Noticed the problem with the battery on the previous page
Yea, I had that problem too
I was puzzled because I did a battery test on my J3 and it ran 50 hours+ playing music at volume 17 with BBE Headphone on and still had 25% left
The next day, I would leave it on sleep mode for a couple hours and it would be dead the next time I tried to turn it on...
Now, there seems to be no problem though..? Dunno, seems inconsistent lol

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #2,514 of 3,200
^ Yes, I'm still having problems with my battery and sleep mode.  When my battery says 100%, I can put it into sleep mode for several hours, and no problem waking it right back up.  But when the battery has said 75% for some time (getting close to 50%), if I then put it into sleep mode, it dies hard -- the clock "froze" at the exact time I put it to sleep.  Then I have to recharge and reset the clock.  Kind of annoying.

I have to latest 2.26 firmware, so we probably need to enter a bug/problem ticket on JetAudio.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #2,515 of 3,200

Quote:
x3
It's not THAT big of a deal, but it gets annoying having to reset the clock every time it happens..

In my case though, I believe I only let the battery fully deplete once. It will reset on its own about one day after I do it manually.

Oct 3, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #2,516 of 3,200
Having the same problem here. I turned on sleep mode in options and now my J3 is dead after having charged it just yesterday. Stuck in the water without any music till I get home and charge it. :| a bit disappointed by this little bug. I'm also using 2.26FW

Quote:

x3

Noticed the problem with the battery on the previous page
Yea, I had that problem too
I was puzzled because I did a battery test on my J3 and it ran 50 hours+ playing music at volume 17 with BBE Headphone on and still had 25% left
The next day, I would leave it on sleep mode for a couple hours and it would be dead the next time I tried to turn it on...
Now, there seems to be no problem though..? Dunno, seems inconsistent lol

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #2,517 of 3,200
Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same inconsistent sleep mode accelerated battery drain. I am currently charging it while in sleep mode to see if that does anything. If not, I am turning it off. The boot up time isn't bad so it certainly isn't worth the trade off. So far the only chink in this nice little player's armor.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #2,518 of 3,200
Still struggling with playlists with Kizune's UCI. I have been able to add tracks to favorites then save them to a playlist and name it. However, it doesn't show up in my playlist list so I can play it. Also, this is not a dynamic playlist. Right or wrong, my definition of a dynamic playlist is the ability to queue up tracks, start playing them and add tracks while music is playing. Rockbox does a great job with this and I use it often when listening to my iMod. Hoping I can do something similar with the custom UCI. Just haven't figured it out yet.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #2,519 of 3,200
I don't think Kizune's UCI saves playlists as M3U files, they're only accessible through the music UCI.
As for your dynamic playlists, i don't use Kizune's playlist editor much, though, so i'm not sure if you can change track order while a song is playing, but i'm pretty sure i remember doing that. Otherwise, the easiest solution is just to add the songs you want to listen to to your favorites. As long as shuffle is turned off, you can add songs to the end (only to the end) of your favorites "playlist" (or delete them) whenever you want.

Forgive me if i'm unclear, i'm terrible at explaining things :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back