Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #2,401 of 3,200

Quote:
The original PX-100 was slightly too dark for my taste.  The "quarter mod" helped brighten things up a bit.  After that pic I used a couple of pieces of pantyhose to keep dirt and debris away from the driver.  IMHO, it's one of those delightful (and free) mods that every PX-100 v1 owner should do. 

Thanks, I have to try that mod. I wonder if my wife will notice if one pair of her pantyhose go missing...

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #2,402 of 3,200

Quote:
Thanks, I have to try that mod. I wonder if my wife will notice if one pair of her pantyhose go missing...

Sure, your wife's pantyhose, huh!? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #2,405 of 3,200
So since the charger for my HM-801 burned through a couple of weeks ago and before ordering and waiting a couple of weeks before I receive a replacement one, I decided to try out the J3.

The first thing in noticed with it was the lack of bass on my JH 16 Pro. I increased the Mach3Bass to level 6 which is now fine for most of my recording, but I still wonder why it is lacking so much bass? Is it because I'm using quite low impedance IEMs?

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #2,406 of 3,200

Quote:
So since the charger for my HM-801 burned through a couple of weeks ago and before ordering and waiting a couple of weeks before I receive a replacement one, I decided to try out the J3.

The first thing in noticed with it was the lack of bass on my JH 16 Pro. I increased the Mach3Bass to level 6 which is now fine for most of my recording, but I still wonder why it is lacking so much bass? Is it because I'm using quite low impedance IEMs?

Yes.

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #2,407 of 3,200
I keep my J3/arrow combo together with Tesla strips

I have also a ringke silicon case for my J3

Works fine , looks good.

Quote:
Thank you for the reply! So you're saying I should give up my Ringke case if I want to attach my Arrow to the J3? If so thats pretty sad, I just bought the case and liked it alot, but its a sacrifice I am willing to take.

Quote:
Indeed, I also bought the Rinke case for my J3. It is the perfect material and doesn't stick to your clothes.

I got a few questions for those who use it with an portable amp and I hope some of you can help me with this. How do you keep it together, Rubber (wrist) bands or something like Tesla strips? And if you do use rubber bands, where on the J3 do you place them? Since the screen takes up alot of the space. And if you use Tesla strips or any variants of them, do they stick well on the Rinke case or even on the back of the J3 itself? 

Also, I bought a 6" (15cm) Black 1/8 mini to mini goldplated interconnect cable,  is that enough to connect it to a amp, especially the Headstage Arrow?

Thank you all for any answers.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #2,408 of 3,200
they were on pre-order a few months back now, they've been taken off the headstage website and apparently heaps of people are still waiting on their orders to arrive...hmmm.

excellent product with lack of supply and marketing tactics i suppose?

i'm considering an ibasso t3 to go with the cowon j3, not like it needs one as it is, but I hate to leave the amping scene and forego possible improvements so i'm taking the plunge and adding some bulk to my rig :)
Quote:
wink.gif

Keep your eyes out for the 4G version, coming soon (hopefully).

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2,410 of 3,200

Quote:

Quote:

Sooooo...how do I remedy this, without messing around with a EQ?

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,411 of 3,200
Sep 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #2,412 of 3,200
Anyone knows why BBE and MP adds so much sibilance to my JH5s? ): maybe i should try to amp my j3...

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #2,415 of 3,200

Quote:
The only one I can find one amazon Germany is the one from the Ultimate Ears...Does that one work well? Too bad I have thrown that one away, when I still had my Triple.Fis....

I'm not sure...I can't use IEM's so I've never needed one of these adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back