Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #2,386 of 3,200
Indeed, I also bought the Rinke case for my J3. It is the perfect material and doesn't stick to your clothes.

I got a few questions for those who use it with an portable amp and I hope some of you can help me with this. How do you keep it together, Rubber (wrist) bands or something like Tesla strips? And if you do use rubber bands, where on the J3 do you place them? Since the screen takes up alot of the space. And if you use Tesla strips or any variants of them, do they stick well on the Rinke case or even on the back of the J3 itself? 

Also, I bought a 6" (15cm) Black 1/8 mini to mini goldplated interconnect cable,  is that enough to connect it to a amp, especially the Headstage Arrow?

Thank you all for any answers.

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #2,387 of 3,200
I've found that with a touch-screen DAP there really isn't a good option other than velcro or sticky-tabs.  I also had the Ringke case when I had my J3 and it was a wonderful case.  The only sacrifice was that I couldn't attach it to my Arrow amp.  Rubberbands are really not a viable option for touchscreen DAP.  Some people here use that option, but I've always seen it to be a big pain in the @ss.

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #2,388 of 3,200

Thank you for the reply! So you're saying I should give up my Ringke case if I want to attach my Arrow to the J3? If so thats pretty sad, I just bought the case and liked it alot, but its a sacrifice I am willing to take.
Quote:
I've found that with a touch-screen DAP there really isn't a good option other than velcro or sticky-tabs.  I also had the Ringke case when I had my J3 and it was a wonderful case.  The only sacrifice was that I couldn't attach it to my Arrow amp.  Rubberbands are really not a viable option for touchscreen DAP.  Some people here use that option, but I've always seen it to be a big pain in the @ss.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2,389 of 3,200
I'm a big fan of Velcro with that type of setup.  Here are some examples of gear I've owned:

Cowon J3/Arrow 12HE 3G

iPod Touch 2G/Arrow 12HE 3G

iPod Touch 2G/iBasso T4

You may want to look into a Crystal case (as seen in the first photo) and use Velcro to attach to the amp.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2,390 of 3,200
Just ordered a J3. I'm so stoked right now. It should be arriving tomorrow 
atsmile.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #2,391 of 3,200
I'm a big fan of Velcro with that type of setup.  Here are some examples of gear I've owned:

Cowon J3/Arrow 12HE 3G

iPod Touch 2G/Arrow 12HE 3G

iPod Touch 2G/iBasso T4

You may want to look into a Crystal case (as seen in the first photo) and use Velcro to attach to the amp.

Wow very nice setups! :) Now if only I could afford a J3 without spending money on another pair of headphones....

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #2,394 of 3,200
the headstage amp seems to stack up seamlessly with the j3, if only they weren't so hard to obtain...

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #2,395 of 3,200

soulsyde, where ya get that crystal casing from? it looks damn awesome

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #2,396 of 3,200

Quote:
@Soulsyde

How do those PX100 of your sound compared to the standard foam cover without holes? Does treble increase?

The original PX-100 was slightly too dark for my taste.  The "quarter mod" helped brighten things up a bit.  After that pic I used a couple of pieces of pantyhose to keep dirt and debris away from the driver.  IMHO, it's one of those delightful (and free) mods that every PX-100 v1 owner should do.

FYI - I now own the PX-100 II and they are a much more even pair of headphones.  The there is more attention to the treble without losing any of the low-end oomph that they are known for.  The PX-100 II is the best pocketable pair of cans I have ever tried.  They beat out the K430 easily.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #2,399 of 3,200

Quote:
The original PX-100 was slightly too dark for my taste.  The "quarter mod" helped brighten things up a bit.  After that pic I used a couple of pieces of pantyhose to keep dirt and debris away from the driver.  IMHO, it's one of those delightful (and free) mods that every PX-100 v1 owner should do.

FYI - I now own the PX-100 II and they are a much more even pair of headphones.  The there is more attention to the treble without losing any of the low-end oomph that they are known for.  The PX-100 II is the best pocketable pair of cans I have ever tried.  They beat out the K430 easily.

I always wondered about these......I got a lot of use out of my v1 PX100's but EQ'd them to compensate for the darkness. If only they didn't cost twice what the original PX-100's did.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back