Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #2,327 of 3,200

Quote:
The original music UI has a search feature?

Yeap. and quite useful .
bigsmile_face.gif
  At the moment my J3 is charging so cant tell exactly how. Its quite easy and fast actually.

I think i remembered. While you are at Tracks- with all of your songs listed you press the hidden menu with the arrow and you have 2 choices. A magnifier glass(search) and an other option to change the backround from black to grey.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #2,328 of 3,200

Thats from the Browser UI, not Music UI

Quote:
Yeap. and quite useful .
bigsmile_face.gif
  At the moment my J3 is charging so cant tell exactly how. Its quite easy and fast actually.

I think i remembered. While you are at Tracks- with all of your songs listed you press the hidden menu with the arrow and you have 2 choices. A magnifier glass(search) and an other option to change the backround from black to grey.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2,329 of 3,200

Quote:
Thats from the Browser UI, not Music UI

blink.gif
Really? never paid attention in what you say. You must be correct though but i assumed its the same UI since its one move from the Music UI.
So since Leaf has search function it must be the same- improved as the original one.

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #2,330 of 3,200
Yes, Leaf is in many aspects better than the default browser.

The features Leaf's search feature has:
- Recursive search (supported by default search, too)
- Case sensitive (supported by default search, too)
- Folders are listed in the results
- Smart; when you search in /Artists/ for example, Leaf searches only in /Artists/*artist*/All tracks/ and skips the other folders to avoid duplicate results.

Moreover, Leaf provides an initial letter search feature.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,331 of 3,200
I noticed that in this YouTube video showing an overview of the new Leaf interface, that you are able to search through your music files (like the Browser 'app') within the music 'app' by pressing the ABC icon on the bottom left.

I don't think this feature is implemented yet, but I was wondering if you are able to search through your music files with Asian characters (ie. search for "我").

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #2,332 of 3,200
This is basically the same question as the one Angelopsaro asked, so:

"It's almost impossible, because I simply can't make the search compatible with every language. If I started to make Leaf compatible with Greece, I'd also have to include Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, everything."

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #2,333 of 3,200
Hey IEM owners, anybody use Westone's UM3X or W4 with J3? What impressions with such combo? And the last thing - is it possible to get some benefits with portable amplifier + J3 + Westone's ? Thank you... :]

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #2,334 of 3,200

Quote:
Hey IEM owners, anybody use Westone's UM3X or W4 with J3? What impressions with such combo? And the last thing - is it possible to get some benefits with portable amplifier + J3 + Westone's ? Thank you... :]

hey man,

i used to use my fren's UM3x with my J3 and i have got to say, its pretty awesome. totally matches wat i was looking for.
but i dont think u can get any benefit from using the portable amp. bcoz u will be double amp-ing. and J3 do not have a line out dock.

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2,335 of 3,200
awww thanx for the reply, well then I def should try UM3x, as for line out - yeah, J3 lacks it... but someone told that 1/8 jack works good for the amplifiers... still want to try with Meier Stepdance, never heard it though

Aug 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #2,336 of 3,200
Can anyone help me out with this?  I'm confused about the infamous Cowon bass roll-off:

Can that roll-off be fixed with EQing, or is it an intrinsic problem that will simply always be there with low impedance headphones no matter what the EQ is set at?

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #2,337 of 3,200

Quote:
awww thanx for the reply, well then I def should try UM3x, as for line out - yeah, J3 lacks it... but someone told that 1/8 jack works good for the amplifiers... still want to try with Meier Stepdance, never heard it though

Yes, you can use the 1/8 jack with an amp but it may not provide that much of a difference. A dedicated line out is what you should really be using with an amp. As for myself, I'm using the W3 unamped with my J3 and I'm completely satisfied.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2,338 of 3,200
If I load more than 16GB of music to my 32GB J3, will it brick the player as what happened to this guy's J3?  "My 16GB still remains unaffected by the repeated transfer issues the 32GB J3 suffers from."

From this thread:
"This morning it's stuck again after loading up more than 16GBs of music on it. Something about putting 16 to 22 GB's of music on the players is bricking them. This is the 3rd one, files are transferred from a PC, no MAC or hidden files involved."

Also, since I have a Mac, what is the best way to prevent my J3 from bricking before I even get a chance to use it like so many people have had happen? (without using Windows please) I've read that BlueHarvest works. Has anyone used this application before?

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2,339 of 3,200
^^^
This is the first I've ever heard of an issue when loading more than 16GBs on the 32GB J3. If it was an issue, a lot more people would have reported it. Also, both of the threads you listed appear to come from the same guy. Although the user name is different, the avatar is the same and both users are from Brooklyn. It's interesting that the first thread is about the X7 while the second is about the J3. If it is the same guy, either he doesn't know what he is doing (loading corrupt files perhaps?), or he's just trying to spread some negative Cowon propaganda. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back