Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,187 of 3,200
Off-topic: what the heck is up with the BANNED statuses I've seen lately? Two fine, well spoken, and helpful Head-fiers, Bennyboy71 and Anaxilus both show BANNED under their handles. I've never witnesses any behavior that seems ban-worthy. What does one do to get banned on Head-fi? Sheesh!

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #1,189 of 3,200
Yikes. Scary. Thanks for the warning, SoulSyde. *concern*

Quote:
I know.  The response I've gotten from the MODs in the past is that we're not supposed to talk about Banned members per the TOS.  I do see it a lot more lately.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #1,190 of 3,200
You'll be fine.  Uncle Erik was nice enough to let me know that rule a while back (which he did in public), I never felt like my comments put me in jeopardy of being banned myself.

Many bans are temporary, so hopefully they'll both be back.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #1,191 of 3,200
A Benny-less forum is like a Diet Coke.

it may seem healthier but it's just a lame, 'watered down' version of the original.

Give me Coke or give me death.

Quote:
Off-topic: what the heck is up with the BANNED statuses I've seen lately? Two fine, well spoken, and helpful Head-fiers, Bennyboy71 and Anaxilus both show BANNED under their handles. I've never witnesses any behavior that seems ban-worthy. What does one do to get banned on Head-fi? Sheesh!

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #1,192 of 3,200

Quote:
A Benny-less forum is like a Diet Coke.

it may seem healthier but it's just a lame, 'watered down' version of the original.

Be careful what you ask for.
wink.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #1,194 of 3,200
howdy folks, plan on buying a J3 soon since, from what I understand, the D3 isn't much of an improvement if all I'm doing is to listen to music, correct?
anyways, would anyone recommend good cases and screen protectors? worried about clumsy hands dropping it in and out the household!

for cases, I'd prefer something that is more drop-proof and less bulky. I've been looking at:

Ringke: http://www.exportprive.com/rearth-ringke-silicone-protection-case-cowon-aqua-black-p-12960.html
and
Official Jelly Case: http://www.exportprive.com/official-cowon-jelly-case-black-p-13358.html

and for screen protectors, I hear the Lexerd TrueVue is good:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0047HZ0IE/ref=nosim/abi-frm-20

any input folks?

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #1,196 of 3,200
for the screenprotector, i used the RealLook brand one.  Last time I checked their about the same price as TrueVue.  Reviews on the two also seem fairly equal

As for the case, I'm using the jelly case.  Not really drop proof but it's definitely not bulky and also looks nice

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,198 of 3,200
that's too much benny , even for a benny fan like me
jecklinsmile.gif

(awesome movie btw , gotta love oliver stone and de palma teaming up for such a masterpiece)

And +1 on the Ringke silicon case , this one is a winner

Quote:
Quote:

scarface120807104854.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #1,200 of 3,200
Ringke case is nice, but since my Arrow arrived, I stopped using it.  I FINALLY found a decent case that fits the two with my Whiplash mini. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back