Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #1,171 of 3,200
The question(s) I asked you before actually were in reference to your Aero music app, neglected to mention that before and now feel obligated to at least let you know that's why I asked.
redface.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #1,172 of 3,200
I use Media Monkey on my PC to manage music before transferring it to my J3 and whatever name / artist I decide to tag to the track will be transferred to the Cowon exactly as I have designated it.  So if you go down that route you'll be fine.

Quote:
Hi Kizune, or anyone who has an answer to my query,
I would like to know if a classical music genre lover, which is what I am, would like the file system of the J3. I have the FuzeV2 now and just like the Sansa250R I also have, it changes the info of the piece, usually a symphony or concerto so that instead of getting for instance, Beethoven Violin Concerto, I get say, Leonard Bernstein Violin Concerto, Bernstein being of course "the Artist." Then I go and change it on my pc and lo and behold, the darn thing has changed it back. Can't us symphony lovers get some respect? Jeez!!! I'm hoping that I'll have more authority over what I like the musical piece to be called when I get the J3. I 'll be so happy if I can get that that the sheer thrill of it will make everything sound better, a kind of placebo effect ( HaHa, Half in Jest)The UIs of the Sansas are so fickle and inflexible, I find. So, what's the scoop on that?

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #1,173 of 3,200
Thanks for you quick answer, Bennyboy. I am encouraged greatly. I've been going back and forth between the J3 and HM601, but I'm going for the J3 b/c not only does it have great sq, but the UI I'm now convinced, is much much better than the Fuze one.
Maybe I'll use the Fuze when I'm in the sauna. I'll wrap it in a towel to shield it from the heat. Think it'll survive? Supposedly saunas go up to as much as 160degrees. I wouldn't risk the J3 when I get it, but the Fuze is pretty cheap. It would be neat if I could listen to music in the sauna but I've been hesitant to expose electronics to heat.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #1,174 of 3,200
I've been using MediaMonkey myself and it's okay. I was thinking of getting the paid version: MediaMonkeyGold. It is, they say, to have an improved file manager for classical music. Have you gotten the paid version so that you can give me an idea how it holds up or whether it's better than the free program?

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #1,175 of 3,200
Ah, I dunno about the sauna/Sansa interface!  Ha.  Probably worth a shot if you're willing to accept the loss of the thing, but otherwise I wouldn't risk it.  It's not the heat so much as the water that will kill it.  I work in the mobile phone industry and internal water damage to circuits and screens is the most prevalent cause of ruin we see.  I can only imagine steam will find a way into the Fuze one way or another, no matter how much you wrap it up.  Not to mention the damage you'll cause to your headphones!

On subject of the J3, yes the UI is great and the learning curve is pretty small, plus it sounds fantastic and gives you so many options for tweaking the sound to your liking.  It really is the best all round portable music player on the market if you ask me.  I love mine to bits.  I've had the Fuze before and the difference is huge.  Could never get my head round the UI on the Sansa - drove me insane at times!

Quote:
Thanks for you quick answer, Bennyboy. I am encouraged greatly. I've been going back and forth between the J3 and HM601, but I'm going for the J3 b/c not only does it have great sq, but the UI I'm now convinced, is much much better than the Fuze one.
Maybe I'll use the Fuze when I'm in the sauna. I'll wrap it in a towel to shield it from the heat. Think it'll survive? Supposedly saunas go up to as much as 160degrees. I wouldn't risk the J3 when I get it, but the Fuze is pretty cheap. It would be neat if I could listen to music in the sauna but I've been hesitant to expose electronics to heat.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #1,176 of 3,200

Only use the free version.  Not sure what the full price version offers to be honest - but strangely enough I have noted that ripping from CD to MP3 is not possible with the freeware, whereas Flac is!  So if I need MP3s from a CD I just rip to flac then convert to MP3 with Switch File Converter (also free). 

But then I'm tight like that and if I can get something free I will!  You might be different....

Quote:
I've been using MediaMonkey myself and it's okay. I was thinking of getting the paid version: MediaMonkeyGold. It is, they say, to have an improved file manager for classical music. Have you gotten the paid version so that you can give me an idea how it holds up or whether it's better than the free program?

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #1,177 of 3,200
So you had the Fuze! Yeah, the UI is fickle. I think your thinking of a steam room. A sauna is dry heat so there wouldn't be much problem there. Plus I'd have it wrapped in a towel to shield it from direct heat. I think it'll be okay, but if I lose it, it's no great loss.

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #1,178 of 3,200
Just got a acdc-->usb charger and it works fine - and  only for 7 euros.

Sweet.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #1,179 of 3,200
@Ripvanlink - Saunas and PMPs: this is such a funny topic to me right now. I think you'll be just fine. My wife suffers the crunchy social atmosphere of the coed sauna at her gym. There's a doode that's been going there for a while. He does his push-ups and crunches IN the sauna with his iPod blaring Eye of Tiger (I s*** you all not) through crappy ear buds for everyone to hear. Unfortunately for everyone, the iPod hasn't suffered heat failure and he just rests it on a towel. But that's good news for you. :wink:

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,181 of 3,200
Judging from your nick , you may be Greek.If so you will understand the following msg - if not , it will all seem greek to you

Πηγαινε στο Πλαισιο και τσιμπα με 7 ευρω τον φορτιστη που εχουν - ειναι μια χαρα κ εχει κ εφ'ορου ζωης αντικατασταση

Quote:
Quote:
Just got a acdc-->usb charger and it works fine - and  only for 7 euros.

Sweet.

hmm. How much time it needs to charge?

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #1,183 of 3,200
mine  is a 700mA and it charged the J3 very fine - i tried it as soon as i got it.

I already ordered your charger martin , but i can jeep both as a backup

Quote:
It usually charges in under 3 hours with a proper charger, one that gives at least 500mA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back