Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #796 of 3,200
I ordered a 32GB Cowon J3 off Amazon yesterday, sold my S:Flo2 for it, anyway its been sent by pretty much the worst delivery company in the UK, so I hope I do get it

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #798 of 3,200
Well it's getting wrapped up with my new earphones for xMas, otherwise I wouldn't have anything on the day lol

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #800 of 3,200
Well my J3 came today, which supprissed me after hearing and reading about how bad the delivery company was, anyway haven't had time to listen to it yet, but its very nice to hold and use, gotta wait untill the battery is fully charged so I can upgrade the FW, was gonna wait untill xMas to use it, but couldn't wait
beyersmile.png

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #801 of 3,200

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered a 32GB Cowon J3 off Amazon yesterday, sold my S:Flo2 for it, anyway its been sent by pretty much the worst delivery company in the UK, so I hope I do get it

I am interested to know how the two compares once you receive your J3. 

Well even after alittle while of listening, I can say it does sound better then the S:Flo2 (more bass, detail and just a better sound overall) so I'm really happy

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #802 of 3,200
Just found out something cool today, actually 2 things.  Most of you probably already know but if you don't it's definitely helpful.
1. When viewing pictures you can double tap for the J3 to "maximize" the picture to the best quality that it will display.  It's really annoying how when zooming if you zoom in or out too much it'll become pixelated and fuzzy either way.  The double tap helps but the J3's image viewer is still far below average.
2.  If you have a picture named cover.jpg then the J3 will display that as the album art for everything in that folder.  Wow! somehow I didn't figure this out until today but it sure is awesome, makes it 10x easier to add images.

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #803 of 3,200
I currently have a 6th generation ipod classic, but I'm thinking about getting this. Is there a major difference in sound quality? Also, are the protective film and plastic case sold by COWON on Amazon worth it? That film in particular seems rather expensive...

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #804 of 3,200
Don't know how helpful this will be and hearing is subjective and all that, but I've found my J3's sound to be much better than any apple player alone. I don't know about if you amp it and all that other stuff. As a stand alone player, the J3 sounds better and is much more customizable in terms of the eq

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #805 of 3,200
I don't amp it at all. I use my ipod for portability. Any impressions on the cases and protective films on Amazon? There isn't much feedback on there...

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #806 of 3,200

Hmm don't know about the cowon cases, I use the rearth ringke case which is great and a protective film by cowon, you can order them from www.exportprive.com or www.rearthusa.com

If you want extra protection you could also order the leather case
Quote:
I don't amp it at all. I use my ipod for portability. Any impressions on the cases and protective films on Amazon? There isn't much feedback on there...

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #807 of 3,200

Quote:
Don't know how helpful this will be and hearing is subjective and all that, but I've found my J3's sound to be much better than any apple player alone. I don't know about if you amp it and all that other stuff. As a stand alone player, the J3 sounds better and is much more customizable in terms of the eq

The J3 is light years better than any ipod I've ever had, and I will stay clear of them in the future no doubt. I've compared lossless and lossey files on the J3 against by 120gb classic and it really is day and night difference for me.

In terms of cases, I bought the official cowon hard case from ebay for £6, and a sleeve from amazon for £3.  Looks after the J3 really well IMO.

Good luck whatever you choose to buy

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #808 of 3,200
Boo, they're sold out of covers on Rearth's website, and I don't know how kindly exportprive takes to shipping to APO addresses. I wish Amazon had the Rearth cases. I'm still trying to convince myself to burn money on the Cowon itself too...

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #809 of 3,200
Let me put it this way (and once again this is my opinion) if sound and portability are your concern (excluding amps and all that other stuff) I would wholeheartedly recommend the cowon J3 any day over an apple player, the sound coming out of it is detailed, warm, lush and most importantly it sounds like music. And best of all, don't like the stock setting? Mess around with the amazing eq and you can tweak it to your liking 
biggrin.gif
 For me it's not even a competition

Quote:
Boo, they're sold out of covers on Rearth's website, and I don't know how kindly exportprive takes to shipping to APO addresses. I wish Amazon had the Rearth cases. I'm still trying to convince myself to burn money on the Cowon itself too...

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #810 of 3,200
I also had the 6th gen Classic (all though its really the 1st gen), and the sound is a lot, lot better on the Cowon, heck I think it sounds better then the S:Flo2, also for protection I use a black rubber/silicon case off ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back