Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #751 of 3,200
Guys i got my hands on my j3 today. The white color is fantastic! The problem is that i received it with no mini cd in the box( from the export prive). Why the heck they did such a thing? the device looks brand new and untouched but it got me into thoughts and i might return it back.

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #753 of 3,200
There was a mini CD on the top of packaging it came with near the circular thing that you take out first. I never used it or find the need for it. Like dfkt said it probably has some software or something

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #754 of 3,200
I got a fast response from them. They told me that korean version doesnt come with one. I believe them because the j3 looks untouched!  As for the player it got the looks!! i am glad i chose the white. Built quality doesnt seems cheap as many people said. And the weight doesnt feel flimsy. It is exactly the opposite because it makes it very portable.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #755 of 3,200
Couple of question to owners pls:
1. Hehe, i cant switch off the radio. the only way to do that is by switching on the music player and then pause the payer. Isnt there a way to turn off everything, so it doesnt consume battery?
biggrin.gif

2. I played with it for an hour and i am putting it for charge now. We charge the player when it is off or on?

P.S i was really blown away from the sound! i used the included buds which are not so good but i can here the richness of the sound lying beneath
cool.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #756 of 3,200
nice jelly case. similar as the one exportprive sells
it comes bundled with the j3 from what i have seen but i really cant find it as a stand-alone accessory
As i said, it is a lovely "case". i cant stress this enough
biggrin.gif

Depending on your charging source, like a computer or the wall, the j3 has to be off.
However, it will turn on by itself and charge by itself. It should tell you when the battery is full (wall connected, not sure computer connected).
Also, if you have it connected to a wall, you can press play and the j3 will be able to play music and recharge at the same time. this doesnt happen when you connect it to the computer.

You can pause the radio by pressing play.
I am not sure if that is a feature of a late firmware but that is bout it.
You can not really stop the radio. i believe by pressing the play/pause button, the radio gets paused. i am not quite sure if this will reduce battery consumption.

Download the new firmware 2.23 that was released yesterday here

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58751

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #757 of 3,200
Oh ok, so i switch it off and put it straight away to charge. I'll leave it till the morning when i wake up, but i read that it doesnt make any difference to leave it for more than 4-5 hours even if its the first charge.

About the cases, you can buy them from exportprive stand alone and come in various colors. My favourite-purple is out of stock. Also i found the clear and the black (the one in my picture), for 10$ in ebay.

Nov 3, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #758 of 3,200
I got mine but I have a very strange problem that has left me at the starting gate.

My ID3 tags are read by the player, but every album list starts with track 5 and tracks 1-4 appear at the end of the track sequence. When I look at the tracks in the player, track 5 says it is track 1 but the tag still says track # is 5.

I am going to research this, but I would appreciate any suggestions. I am on firmware 2.22 and I will upgrade to 2.23 as one step to remedy this.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #759 of 3,200
When I was using Cowon exclusively, I got into the habit of affixing title number before the song, despite ID3 tags. So, John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" became "04 - Thank God I'm a Country Boy". That cleared up any problems Cowon unit would have reading track numbers.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #760 of 3,200

Quote:
I got mine but I have a very strange problem that has left me at the starting gate.

My ID3 tags are read by the player, but every album list starts with track 5 and tracks 1-4 appear at the end of the track sequence. When I look at the tracks in the player, track 5 says it is track 1 but the tag still says track # is 5.

I am going to research this, but I would appreciate any suggestions. I am on firmware 2.22 and I will upgrade to 2.23 as one step to remedy this.

I had a similar problem with my ericsson music phone. Try a different version of tags maybe? or maybe change your tagging program. mp3 tag is very good and free.
Back when i had my ericsson the only tag creator who made my albums look correct was the itunes.

I have another question if anyone knows. My j3 was korean version and it had two strange icon in it. VOKHAN and VOKHAN guide. I passed the 2.23 international version and the icons are still there, but now they dont work at all. anyway to erase them?

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #761 of 3,200
heyas, i have a question, i have a pair of headphones sennheiser cx 870 and i'm thinking of buying a cowon j3 , however the headphones are on 32ohm and the J3 has 16 ohm , i dont really have any idea what's the deal with those ohm but will this be an incompatibility between the headphones and the player or it will still play ok?

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #763 of 3,200
Does anyone have a problem,that j3 turns off by itself?
Also when the screen turns the light by itself, how do you open the scree again? can it be open by a simple touch on the screen, or only by reset button?

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #764 of 3,200
How do I get The Beatles to appear as Beatles, The? The J3 doesn't appear to recognize the album artist tag.

Nov 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #765 of 3,200

Quote:
When I was using Cowon exclusively, I got into the habit of affixing title number before the song, despite ID3 tags. So, John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" became "04 - Thank God I'm a Country Boy". That cleared up any problems Cowon unit would have reading track numbers.

I tried this but it still reads track 05 as the first track. 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back