Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #736 of 3,200
i use the J3 jelly case from exportprive.com
horrible shipping. like 20 days for it to come but i am very pleased.
i dont like those silicone cases and i had the official plastic case. i grabbed the jelly case cause i heard it was transparent

And yes it was transparent.
i am very pleased with it since it shows the nice aesthetics of the j3

Edit: Seems that the jelly case have gone out of production
Sucks. i love and i would recommend this jelly case

I also have the Realook screen protector.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RBFDJM/ref=oss_product

the official protector that i originally had was scratched badly due to my re0's

So i gave into the marketing of these and bought a set of them.

So far so good. i cant complain but if there is better i would also like to hear.

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #737 of 3,200
I just bought some cheap ipad screen protector that was like a dollar or two and cut them to fit the J3 screen. I currently don't have any case but have a clear case coming in the mail and if I don't like it I'll end up with a ringke silicone case.

Oct 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #738 of 3,200

Quote:
try rearth ringke silicon case, they're quite good and as for the screen protector i have no idea. the rearth also supply the screen protector but i don't know if its good or not.
try this link: http://rearthusa.com/products-page/cowon/cowon-j3/

anyway in music option there is a "pitch correction" may i know what this function for?

pitch correction works when you change the playback speed. for example instead of having a higher pitched sounds when at a higher speed, it brings it back to its normal pitch.

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #739 of 3,200
Those ringe cases look nice? In my eyes, they look very bad in pictures because the way the cover all the device except from the screen, highlights the big margins without screen. Also looks like a plastic toy. in real life they look better?

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #740 of 3,200

Quote:
pitch correction works when you change the playback speed. for example instead of having a higher pitched sounds when at a higher speed, it brings it back to its normal pitch.

thanks for your reply, it seems to be a function that i will not use anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #741 of 3,200
I ordered one of these from Amazon today with overnight shipping. I am looking for an upgrade over the SQ of my 2G Touch. Gapless FLAC support and the famous Cowon EQ pushed me to spend the extra $100 over the s:flo2.

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #742 of 3,200
I'd buy the J3 right away, but as it is I'm torn between it and the S9 ...

I can't help it - the S9 chrome looks better in my eyes. Way better. And I find it very confusing that Cowon release two players that do about the same things in such a short period of time.

Can someone help me? I like the S9's design A LOT more (from the pictures I've seen, bit worried about the reviews claiming it to feel 'plasticky' - is the J3 better in this regard?) but if the J3 really is here to replace it then I guess I should go with it instead, regardless of what I think of its design. Both are good-looking players, but the S9 simply looks ... better. In my eyes; I haven't found anyone else preferring the S9's design over the J3.

What should I do?

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #743 of 3,200
Get the J3. It has a better, more responsive user interface, it hisses less with difficult to drive low-impedance phones, the buttons are much more ergonomically placed, it plays AAC with less hassle than the S9, and it has a MicroSD slot. It also feels less plasticky than the S9 and looks/feels better in reality than on photos, in my opinion.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #747 of 3,200
The battery meter is in intervals of 25%. I don't really worry about it until it gets to 25% and from there I have at least a day's worth of use so I'll charge it after that.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #748 of 3,200

Quote:
The battery meter is in intervals of 25%. I don't really worry about it until it gets to 25% and from there I have at least a day's worth of use so I'll charge it after that.

yeah it seems fine that way, but if it more detailed it would be great
biggrin.gif

as the spec says, the battery really is a monster its been a week from the first full charge and its just drop 1 bar.

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #749 of 3,200
For people who have used this player with an amp, what volume setting works best on the player?

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #750 of 3,200
The J3 has no distortion at maximum volume when played flat, so this is the best volume for driving an amp. When you use a lot of EQ and BBE, I'd go down to volume 35 or so, just to stay on the safe side - although that might be too cautious on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back