Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #721 of 3,200

Quote:
just wondering what is the safe AC adapter specification to be used for charging the J3 to the power outlet?
i think i'll just buy a cheap AC usb adapter for it but dont know the spec to use.

Glad to hear you got your J3. Let us know your impressions when you get the chance. Amazon and Jetmall sell an official charger for the S9/J3. I seriously doubt you could go wrong with that one. Its a tad expensive but I've always thought that you should only invest once in the right product.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #723 of 3,200

Quote:
just wondering what is the safe AC adapter specification to be used for charging the J3 to the power outlet?
i think i'll just buy a cheap AC usb adapter for it but dont know the spec to use.

I use some random adapter but it's the same specs as the one that came with my T3 and it works just fine when charging. I think most of the usb adapters should be the same pretty much.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #724 of 3,200

Quote:
Glad to hear you got your J3. Let us know your impressions when you get the chance. Amazon and Jetmall sell an official charger for the S9/J3. I seriously doubt you could go wrong with that one. Its a tad expensive but I've always thought that you should only invest once in the right product.

thanks, its kinda nostalgic coming back to cowon and it sure the J3 had a lot improvement over my previous D2+.
so far i haven't got any serious problem as everyone ever mention about.

Quote:

I use some random adapter but it's the same specs as the one that came with my T3 and it works just fine when charging. I think most of the usb adapters should be the same pretty much.

ah i almost forgot that i have a ac adapter from my cellphone that use usb plug, it use the same rating as standard ac adapter so i think it would be just fine.
btw is it just display the cover browser when you tilt the player horizontally? kinda miss the album view from my ipod, the J3 only display the folder name not even the picture.
over that issues they do sound damn good, i don't even have to use my portable amp anymore 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #725 of 3,200
oh other thing, the same as my previous D2+ they are very sensitive about the id3 tag. just one tiny mistake and they all mess up.
the ipod are more convenience about this thing as long it show correct on the itunes, it will show the same thing on the device.
now i'll have to manage my library again for some album that regarded as "broken" tag in J3.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #726 of 3,200
When I tile the J3 sideways there's a list of all your albums with 2 rows and what shows up is the cover assuming you have the album art for it and then you can pick an album to listen to. When you press on it you will go to a new screen with that album on the left and the track list on the right and then you can choose a specific song and you can go back to the list by pressing on the album cover.

I think you should be fine with the tags. I have all my tags correct however so never had an issue with tags.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #728 of 3,200

Quote:
Is there a way to turn off this album art browse function? Whenever I want to change songs etc. it pops up and it's quite hard to make it go away.

Easy fix. You have three options for the music playing screen vertical, horizontal and the vertical lock. When you tap the screen all you do is click that vertical rectangle twice till you see the lock symbol. It should be top, right furthermost option.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #729 of 3,200
quick question for the J3 owners.

how does the j3 (and the pc) handle music transfer/sync and music playing when it has a sd card? 

i mean, if let's say i have a 32gb j3 with a 32gb sd card and about 64gb of music, am i gonna have to split them into two 32gb chunk before i transfer them over to the player?  or does the player/pc recognize the j3/sd as one huge 64gb drive?

also, how would playing music be like?  would there be a menu option for j3 storage and another one for card storage or does the player combine them into one huge pot?

one side question too, does the j3 support artist/album/genre browsing like the ipods do? 

sorry if i'm asking too much questions, i'm kinda interested in getting a j3
biggrin.gif

thanks

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #730 of 3,200
You really need to read through this thread for the full answer as this has been covered many times before......

I use WMP, so I can't tell you about anything else, but on WMP the internal and external (microSD) are 2 seperate items.

As for on the player, when browsing music it is all lumped together.  If you browse by folder then it gives you a J3 and a J3 EXT option.

And yes, artists, albums, songs, genres, years are all browsing options.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #731 of 3,200

Quote:
You really need to read through this thread for the full answer as this has been covered many times before......

I use WMP, so I can't tell you about anything else, but on WMP the internal and external (microSD) are 2 seperate items.

As for on the player, when browsing music it is all lumped together.  If you browse by folder then it gives you a J3 and a J3 EXT option.

And yes, artists, albums, songs, genres, years are all browsing options.

thanks
biggrin.gif

last one though, is the 32gb also expandable with sd cards?  i've been reading around the forums and people are saying that the 8gb and 16gb are expandable but I havent read anything about the 32gb

thanks

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #733 of 3,200
what screen/body protector do you guys use for the j3?

i usually use zaggs for my ipods but they don't have one for the j3.

i read the cowon brand full body j3 protector had one of those hard plastic protectors for the front which scratches easy and distorts the colors, and also a back/body protector with edges that don't stick

some people suggest using the lexerd truevue ones but those are only for the screen

any suggestions?  also, do the back really need a protective film of some sort?  does it scratch easy like the backs of an ipod?

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #734 of 3,200
try rearth ringke silicon case, they're quite good and as for the screen protector i have no idea. the rearth also supply the screen protector but i don't know if its good or not.
try this link: http://rearthusa.com/products-page/cowon/cowon-j3/

anyway in music option there is a "pitch correction" may i know what this function for?

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #735 of 3,200

Quote:
try rearth ringke silicon case, they're quite good and as for the screen protector i have no idea. the rearth also supply the screen protector but i don't know if its good or not.
try this link: http://rearthusa.com/products-page/cowon/cowon-j3/

anyway in music option there is a "pitch correction" may i know what this function for?

yeah i'm probably gonna get a silicon case too and the rearth ringke ones do look nice
biggrin.gif

how about screen protectors?  what do you guys use for the j3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back