Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #706 of 3,200
Guess its an European thing as I don't see an 8gb black here in the states
confused_face_2.gif

http://jetmall.net/

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #708 of 3,200
I see, you were right. I'm cool with my black though. Feel like the white takes something away or maybe, I think, black just looks good on anything
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #711 of 3,200
That's the good thing about memory card slots
smily_headphones1.gif
I have an 8GB and can plan on buying a 16GB card eventually since the 32GB is still ridiculously priced imo. You are not limited to what the device has. If the 16GB is not enough you can match the 32GB with a memory card for around $30 or so.

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #712 of 3,200
well its true that i can used the memory slot and i already have a 8gb microsd card from previous samsung M1 so storage isn't a problem for it after all my library fill up only 14gb till now.
just concern if there will be any problem if i use separate memory, like slowing system down or error reading card, etc that's all.

Quote:
It's OK, you can pump the J3 up the 48 GB.

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #713 of 3,200

Quote:
well its true that i can used the memory slot and i already have a 8gb microsd card from previous samsung M1 so storage isn't a problem for it after all my library fill up only 14gb till now.
just concern if there will be any problem if i use separate memory, like slowing system down or error reading card, etc that's all.

it is several times quoted that it handles the external cards flawless.

I am waiting it my self!
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #715 of 3,200
got my new J3 16gb black.
still charging it now until i can use it to upgrade its firmware from stock 2.03 to 2.22.
the newest one is 2.22 right?
all i've got for a bonus is a crappy silicon case, hoping i can find a seller who stock cowon jelly or rearth silicon.

Quote:
Read my Sig please, as I'm selling my J3,..................

wow you're selling your J3 for X7?

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #717 of 3,200
just wondering what is the safe AC adapter specification to be used for charging the J3 to the power outlet?
i think i'll just buy a cheap AC usb adapter for it but dont know the spec to use.

Oct 27, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #718 of 3,200
Can someone check if J3 has the 3 "section" headphone output? I'd like to use the microphone button (and microphone) on iphone style headset (etymotic HF2). Can someone verify if it fits? (probably it does, as HF2 works with sansa and laptop sockets, although it does not work with no name Chinese player (V-200X) (only one channel works, the other only when I press the mic button
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #719 of 3,200

Quote:
just wondering what is the safe AC adapter specification to be used for charging the J3 to the power outlet?
i think i'll just buy a cheap AC usb adapter for it but dont know the spec to use.

i purchase this from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Travel-Adapter-Charger-Black/dp/B001TBNYG6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1288179506&sr=8-5

I bought it from the seller SmackTom and hoped i got the 1000mhz one.
see that review down there?
someone ordered from another seller and got the wrong one.

i would suggest to order from SmackTom and hope for the best

BTW, how is your tagging and music library coming along MDR-V6 girl?
i want a girl wearing the ATH-M50's
frown.gif

Quote:
Can someone check if J3 has the 3pin headphone output? I'd like to use the microphone on iphone style headset (the j3 does have a recorder app?)

Thanks.

Does that output look something like this?

i wouldnt know but i think the re-zero has the same 3pin headphone output. pic related
meaning that if the re-zero plugs in, your headset should as well.

i really do not know but i hope someone is willing to tell us cause i am interested in re-zero but dont want to use the the adapter. pic related as well
i am asking cause i heard there was a rumor that it worked without the adapter on the j3

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #720 of 3,200
@cRodz
Yes it is the same plug. I use etymotic HF2 headset and I like it a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait, you don't mean that It does not work with J3 at all? I thought 3 pin plug is compatible with 2 pin plug - you only lose microphone (and microphone button) function - I can use my HF2s w. sansa and laptop just fine (no adapters required)...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back