Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #481 of 3,200
Is someone willing to put their unit for a test? :)

Quote:
Well Cowon's battery test has always fallen short of their estimation. They probably use 128kbps and some kind of stock bud to get that number. Most of us use higher bitrate and possibly more demanding earphones than their number but 30 seems a bit low. I hope it was your EQ and that battery wasn't full when you started testing.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #483 of 3,200
FYI, clock is again doing funny stuff of its own, mine has gone off the rail again. I use fw 2.21 and I dont know what triggered this behaviour ...
I wonder if there is anyway to tell Cowon, I left some questions a while ago on their Q&A but no answers there (what a surprise) ...
oh just noticed 2.22 is out ... doesnt seem to fix clock issue though

Aug 22, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #488 of 3,200
So I think I'll be going for this from jetmall. They are the cheapest for me since everywhere else that sells it charges me around $20 in tax. Has anyone bought their screen protector? Is it just one piece or two since I'll probably need two to get it right but they do have a case included so I might just get one of those cheap ones from HK instead.

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #489 of 3,200

Quote:
So I think I'll be going for this from jetmall. They are the cheapest for me since everywhere else that sells it charges me around $20 in tax. Has anyone bought their screen protector? Is it just one piece or two since I'll probably need two to get it right but they do have a case included so I might just get one of those cheap ones from HK instead.

If you don't mind refurb Amazon.com has a refurb J3 for $266. No tax at least in Upstate New York.

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #490 of 3,200
Well I don't need that much memory since that's most likely the 32gb. 8gb or 16gb should be more than enough since I can get a 16gb card for pretty cheap. I'm pretty happy with the 8gb player I have now so I'll probably end up getting that.t for $199 shipped. Add on around $30 and I get a screen protector and a 16gb card. It would have been around $250 for just the 16gb player and screen protector so I think that's not a bad deal although shipping from Amazon would be faster since I get free 2 day shipping. If only the one from jetaudio included a free case as well :p

This is of course assuming that the card is only read when changes are done to it. I get conflicting reports but I'll do some searching on that later.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #491 of 3,200
Happy Korean family, preview pic. :wink:

10mj8s5.jpg

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #492 of 3,200
^That J3 is looking really similar to the S9... Can't wait till the X7 comes out, as it just got FCC approval!

Aug 23, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #493 of 3,200
I was playing around with it a little bit while I was in the store today and it seems pretty nice. It's a bit smaller than I was expecting since I was thinking it was a little bigger. I do like the buttons on the side since those seem useful esp the next and previous buttons which my previous Cowon player lacked.

I do have a question however. Does the player have a hold button? I couldn't find it so was wondering if it was one of those where you touch the screen to get it off "hold" and then do whatever it is you wanted to do.

Is navigation better than previous models? I found the navigation on previous of them pretty dumb unless you flash skinned them. When you went to music it would go to your last song instead of your folder for music.

I'm very close to buying them but I think I'll for for dfkt's review and possibly for all the new dap's to be out on the market for a couple months and buy it for cheaper.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #495 of 3,200
Was thinking of replacing my ipod classic 120gb with one of these...
How much would a 32gb cost in Euro?
And will i get better sound out of it compared to my Classic
Also
I use
Shure E210's
Sennheiser CX150's
and soon to be Koss PortaPro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back