Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
May 23, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #61 of 3,200

Quote:
Well, I just got mine and it really does sound like a 'HAL-9000' type device. It sounds kind of cartoony with a white kind of texture, not too bassy (compared with the S9 on BBE Headphone 1), and clear, as well as more sparkly on the top end. I like it. It's probably my favourite device to date because of the micro sd feature and how I can compile about 3 gigs of uncompressed WAV files on one 16G card compared with 1G of Hi-sp on my RH1. The BBE feature is really good too.

Uh, why can you only put 3GB of WAV's on a 16GB card? And why WAVs instead of FLAC?

May 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #62 of 3,200
I was comparing it with 1G Himd discs which I put 256K files on. Doing the same using WAV files gives roughly 3 Himd discs on a 16G sd card (it's still using 16Gb). And you can use Flac too, I just use the highest uncompressed rate which is WAV.

May 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #63 of 3,200
So I ordered the J3 from Amazon. I like the card slot feature. I have a relatively new Sony X, but if the J3 sounds as good or even close, I will sell the X and keep the J3. If not, Amazon's return policy is excellent. But I have a feeling the J3 is going to stay and the X leave. I still don't like paying a premium for unusable Wifi, which Sony forced buyers to do, practically speaking. And the X is still selling for close to $370, so it never really was discounted much at all.

May 24, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #64 of 3,200
I've had the J3 for awhile.  I ordered it from www.jetmall.net.  My review with photos can be found on my blog.  Overall I think it's the best thing Cowon is making at the moment.  I've got a Samsung M1 coming soon and will do a feature-to-feature comparison between them.  Anyone with questions feel free to ask.  This is my first Head-Fi post.

4D 

May 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #65 of 3,200

Quote:
I've had the J3 for awhile.  I ordered it from www.jetmall.net.  My review with photos can be found on my blog.  Overall I think it's the best thing Cowon is making at the moment.  I've got a Samsung M1 coming soon and will do a feature-to-feature comparison between them.  Anyone with questions feel free to ask.  This is my first Head-Fi post.

4D 

where is this blog?
id love to read the review. do you run it amped or unamped?

May 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #72 of 3,200
Just wondering if someone can compare J3 with other Cowon DAPs likes D2+ and X5 ect?.

May 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #73 of 3,200
GUYS.

When the link expires, for those of you in the future, it's the 32GB J3 on eBay, for about 315$ with free shipping.

Welcome to HF Bwaaa! I see you're trying to sabotage wallets already... you'll fit right in, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back