Cowon J3 Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2010 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,200

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
I've resigned myself to finally realize that Apple is not the end-all-be-all of portable audio and I would like to make the switch to something different.

If you have any first-hand experience using the J3 please enlighten me.

EDIT (9/17/11):

I feel the need to update the OP.  I had purchased two J3s on separate occasions since I created this thread.  

Both had problems connecting to my Windows PC (likely cable issues).  One of them also had an issue with a flickering screen (likely a power supply/regulator issue).  When I had the J3 I loved the UI and the sound quality.  BBE does amazing things!  However, the two isolated issues forced me to move on from Cowon.  Since then I have replaced our Windows based home PCs with Macs and I am now back in the Apple camp.  Sure, Apple has its down-sides, but what it does well, it does really well (IMHO).  Kudos to everyone who owns and loves their J3.  I held so much hope for this device, it just let me down.

Please keep this thread alive for everyone who owns and loves their J3.

Apr 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 3,200
There's a few people who have the J3 already on iaudiophile.net - head there for a q & a session, and tell them The DarkSide sent you.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 3,200
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a few people who have the J3 already on iaudiophile.net - head there for a q & a session, and tell them The DarkSide sent you.

!!!

those importing bastards!
Cowon J3 - Now official - Page 38 - iAudiophile.net Forums

i am waiting for a release here in the states.
frown.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 3,200
Hrmmm... from reading the few comments. Seems asif its just a redesigned s9+d2 mixture, with very similar SQ as the s9. I'll wait until a few more people purchase and comment before i jump.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #15 of 3,200
so its really not that much different than ths S9 or D2 in terms of SQ? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back