Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #2,973 of 5,310
  As a regular ciem rule, clean the tubes after every time you take them out from your ears.

I am using mine SE5way pretty much everyday, and some days I keep them in my ears like 7 8 hours but I have no problem with earwax so far. You just have to clean it every time you use it that's all.

Of course, that's what I usually do but I did want to see the impact of the wax on the volume issue.

And that how I found out what was the problem. But that very strange, it's only for the voices. I can clearly ear the different instrument but not voice.

I think Phil should rebuilt shell for me to solve this issue.

@Ultrainferno : No, unfortunately no cleaning toll came with the CE CIEM. I use the one I had with my Klipsch or a staple

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2,975 of 5,310
Well I don't think it's that a big deal. I used to clean mine with a paperclip
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #2,976 of 5,310
I too don't think that lack of the cleaning tool is a big deal. You can buy it on ebay for a few bucks or in our local hearing aid shop. Although I thought that cleaning tool is a standard accessory accompanied with any CIEM.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #2,978 of 5,310

Mine came with a cleaning tool. I use the Westone one since it has a brush at one end too, the CE one is just a wire loop at one end.

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,981 of 5,310

Mine came with a cleaning tool. I use the Westone one since it has a brush at one end too, the CE one is just a wire loop at one end.

The cleaning tool looks like the one I got with Spiral Ear SE5 way. I asked Grzegorz (SE's owner) why there is no brush at the other end, he said silicone earpieces don't need it. Wire loop is good enough for cleaning the tubes and when I need to clean the outer surface of ciems, I can use my own fingers with mildly soap and water while paying attention to cable and tube entrances.

Then again, acrylic is different, you can use a tool with brush too I guess.

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,982 of 5,310
  The cleaning tool looks like the one I got with Spiral Ear SE5 way. I asked Grzegorz (SE's owner) why there is no brush at the other end, he said silicone earpieces don't need it. Wire loop is good enough for cleaning the tubes and when I need to clean the outer surface of ciems, I can use my own fingers with mildly soap and water while paying attention to cable and tube entrances.

Then again, acrylic is different, you can use a tool with brush too I guess.

I've actually never found myself using the brush, I just use that one since it is already in my jar of IEMs with moisture pod.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2,983 of 5,310
I find myself having nightmares about the BA4fs. Tonight I had two bad scenarios, in the first the package got sent back to my home address, because they couldn't find the address in Zweden.
In the second, they didn't take off just 1 mm of the ear canal piece, but the entire piece! 
After hearing the BA4f properly, I got giddy again. I actually preferred their sound signature to every headphone I have ever owned. They are very even sounding. 
I don't think I'll ever go back to full sized open headphones. I find you get so much detail when combining good resolving drivers with good isolation.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,984 of 5,310
I actually preferred their sound signature to every headphone I have ever owned. They are very even sounding.  I don't think I'll ever go back to full sized open headphones. I find you get so much detail when combining good resolving drivers with good isolation.

I feel the same. I'm so spoiled by them now, I used to love my m-audio AV40s the most but now they're in second place behind the BA4Fs. I actually had a bit of discomfort in the helix area, it was causing pain and I just wet sanded it a tiny bit with 2000 grit sand paper yesterday and then polished them and they are so comfortable now.

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #2,985 of 5,310
  I feel the same. I'm so spoiled by them now, I used to love my m-audio AV40s the most but now they're in second place behind the BA4Fs. I actually had a bit of discomfort in the helix area, it was causing pain and I just wet sanded it a tiny bit with 2000 grit sand paper yesterday and then polished them and they are so comfortable now.

I applaud this! It will probably void the warranty though. But these tiny adjustments aren't worth sending them halfway around the world imo.
How did you polish the acrylic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back