Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #3,001 of 5,310
  I must be very lucky...

In Singapore, mailing back the empty shells costs me around SGD 5.50 (Around USD 4.30). We called it standard Air mail - Small packets.
Excluding the mail envelope itself though...which costs around SGD 1.20
That cost includes tracking as well, but the problem is the queue at the post office centre is always long and slow...
How's the situation on your side?

But for me, those, that takes 3 days to deliver, costs like SGD 60-80, which is like a huge increase..

On a side note, indeed. With the cost of what we bought, the shipping does somehow feels negligible unless you go for the high speed type.

PS: Still waiting for the empty shells to be reached Phil and finally, the final wait!

Line ups here usually aren't too bad, maybe 5 minutes or so depending on the time of day. Those are some crazy prices you've got there though. I'd wait a bit longer in line for tracking, especially when shipping something worth $400.

Aah ok, so it's pretty much a letter/envelope option. Here, delivery to Sweden with tracking code is only €15. But the cheapest option is like €14, that's the option that doesn't need an autograph from the specified person. 

Aah well, those costs are kinda negligible compared the products that we send back and forward. 

Here you have to spend a crazy amount to get tracking for international packages. All national shipping includes tracking though.

It was risky not getting tracking and insurance for such a valuable shipment, but it just costs so much and I've never had any problems so I took the risk.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,002 of 5,310
  Line ups here usually aren't too bad, maybe 5 minutes or so depending on the time of day. Those are some crazy prices you've got there though. I'd wait a bit longer in line for tracking, especially when shipping something worth $400.

Here you have to spend a crazy amount to get tracking for international packages. All national shipping includes tracking though.

It was risky not getting tracking and insurance for such a valuable shipment, but it just costs so much and I've never had any problems so I took the risk.

Haha.. Yeah.. the normal tracking and speed tracking prices is like day and night...
but the difference in estimated deliver time is like 5-7 days for nomal mail and 3-4 days for speed mail.

At least, when i sent my ear impressions, it took like 8 days to reach Phil using the above SGD 5+ mail.
So i think while normal takes a more unpredictable and slightly longer time, I believe speed mail takes at most 4 days.

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #3,003 of 5,310
I paid roughly 7 SGD with tracking to ship mine to Phil 2 weeks ago. Ironically the Singpost says it takes 1-2 days longer to deliver an item with tracking haha. I just paid for the order of a BA4F yesterday night, so this is the start of my waiting game = D

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #3,004 of 5,310
In the uk it's £12 for isf which is 3-5 days and includes tracking (hey it's part of the fun seeing where it is or isn't supposed to be)as opposed to about £6 for a fortnight non tracked 1st class post.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #3,005 of 5,310
I've send my impressions to Phil via express international letter and I paid for this around USD 8. The impressions reached Phil after 3 business days.
On the other hand the cost of the international package is at least USD23.

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #3,008 of 5,310
I'm about to order the iBasso DX50, mp4audio gave me a €30 discount on it. Apparently the DX50 is a bit more expensive now that it's CE certified. Whatever that means.

The DX50 is slightly bright sounding according to some users, which should have great synergy with the warm BA4f. 

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #3,009 of 5,310
  I'm about to order the iBasso DX50, mp4audio gave me a €30 discount on it. Apparently the DX50 is a bit more expensive now that it's CE certified. Whatever that means.

The DX50 is slightly bright sounding according to some users, which should have great synergy with the warm BA4f. 

I ordered that last week, I made the 4th batch and it was shipped yesterday. Now I just need to wait for my BA4F

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #3,012 of 5,310
I'm magic
rolleyes.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #3,014 of 5,310

I ordered that last week, I made the 4th batch and it was shipped yesterday. Now I just need to wait for my BA4F

The DX50 really seems to be The best bang for buck DAP on the market right now. You might get better SQ with a huge stack of source+DAC+AMP components, but that's more transportable than mobile imo. I need to be able to put the DAP in my pockets. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back