Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,987 of 5,310
I just got of the phone with Phil about my BA4 and he's sorry for being behind in replying to mails as he's been really busy this week with developing something new for us. He promises to catch up soon!

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2,988 of 5,310
Developing something new... that's exciting 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #2,990 of 5,310
  I applaud this! It will probably void the warranty though. But these tiny adjustments aren't worth sending them halfway around the world imo.
How did you polish the acrylic?

Hm, it probably would void the warranty but yeah it really wasn't worth it to send back to Sweden if it wasn't that big of a deal and something I could handle myself. 2000 grit is very fine so it leaves tiny scratches that are extremely easy to polish out, this may or may not sound odd but I just polished out the fine scratches with meguiar's scratchx that I use for my car. Not to worry though, I used very little of it and cleaned the monitors thoroughly to make sure it is completely clean. I actually didn't think it would work out so well but then I thought, the acrylic is sort of like wet sanding the clear coat of a car so why not give it a try. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't even know I altered it, it looks completely like the way it was when I received them.

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,991 of 5,310
Sep 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,993 of 5,310
  I just got of the phone with Phil about my BA4 and he's sorry for being behind in replying to mails as he's been really busy this week with developing something new for us. He promises to catch up soon!

Yeah he dropped some hints on me too. He was Very vague about it though, he wants to create a sound signature that pleases even more people. If there is going to be a BA4F-2 I'm going to kill myself :'D

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2,994 of 5,310
  Hm, it probably would void the warranty but yeah it really wasn't worth it to send back to Sweden if it wasn't that big of a deal and something I could handle myself. 2000 grit is very fine so it leaves tiny scratches that are extremely easy to polish out, this may or may not sound odd but I just polished out the fine scratches with meguiar's scratchx that I use for my car. Not to worry though, I used very little of it and cleaned the monitors thoroughly to make sure it is completely clean. I actually didn't think it would work out so well but then I thought, the acrylic is sort of like wet sanding the clear coat of a car so why not give it a try. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't even know I altered it, it looks completely like the way it was when I received them.

Cool! Nice job!

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #2,996 of 5,310

That's insanely cheap! How do ou get such good prices?
The package has been delivered to Phil, ohhh I can't wait.

Yes you can wait
happy_face1.gif
I am not sure but, I think there is a life outside apart from our audiophile dreams. Still don't count on me about this one
tongue_smile.gif

Jokes beside, I really hope that this time you can get the sound you are supposed to get
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,997 of 5,310
  Yes you can wait
happy_face1.gif
I am not sure but, I think there is a life outside apart from our audiophile dreams. Still don't count on me about this one
tongue_smile.gif

Jokes beside, I really hope that this time you can get the sound you are supposed to get
wink.gif

Unfortunately that is very true, I've been really stressed and busy with all kinds of things lately. So it's a good thing them I'm getting excited about them again! These days I have to travel over 2 hours by train each day, so these cIEMs will help make these hours more tolerable. Did you already make a decision on which DAP to buy? The DX50 looks really good to me.

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,998 of 5,310
  That's insanely cheap! How do ou get such good prices?
The package has been delivered to Phil, ohhh I can't wait.

In Canada we have something called Light Packet, which has really cheap prices for international shipping of rectangular items that are max 20mm thick. It was meant for shipping a thin stack of documents, but I managed to fit my CE's in a bubble envelope. No tracking though. The cheapest option with tracking is like $40.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2,999 of 5,310
  In Canada we have something called Light Packet, which has really cheap prices for international shipping of rectangular items that are max 20mm thick. It was meant for shipping a thin stack of documents, but I managed to fit my CE's in a bubble envelope. No tracking though. The cheapest option with tracking is like $40.

Aah ok, so it's pretty much a letter/envelope option. Here, delivery to Sweden with tracking code is only €15. But the cheapest option is like €14, that's the option that doesn't need an autograph from the specified person. 

Aah well, those costs are kinda negligible compared the products that we send back and forward. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3,000 of 5,310
I must be very lucky...

In Singapore, mailing back the empty shells costs me around SGD 5.50 (Around USD 4.30). We called it standard Air mail - Small packets.
Excluding the mail envelope itself though...which costs around SGD 1.20
That cost includes tracking as well, but the problem is the queue at the post office centre is always long and slow...
How's the situation on your side?

But for me, those, that takes 3 days to deliver, costs like SGD 60-80, which is like a huge increase..

On a side note, indeed. With the cost of what we bought, the shipping does somehow feels negligible unless you go for the high speed type.

PS: Still waiting for the empty shells to be reached Phil and finally, the final wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back