Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,957 of 5,310
  Davidcotton, did you get smaller bore sizes in your models?

I had a tf10 reshell and a micro ma 1 done.  Both had the normal size bores as far as I know.  I enquired about my ear size and phil replied that they were not small but awkward (go figure!).  I've been thinking recently about going with a pure (the dynamic they did)and my original shells before alteration as I am sure that 90% of my issues were down to how I was inserting them. Thinking of doing that more to prove/disprove that theory more than anything else!  The other thing is that according to Phil my shells have plenty of space for the ba4.  Don't really want to get in to the returns/refits thing again though tbh!

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #2,958 of 5,310
  I had a tf10 reshell and a micro ma 1 done.  Both had the normal size bores as far as I know.  I enquired about my ear size and phil replied that they were not small but awkward (go figure!).  I've been thinking recently about going with a pure (the dynamic they did)and my original shells before alteration as I am sure that 90% of my issues were down to how I was inserting them. Thinking of doing that more to prove/disprove that theory more than anything else!  The other thing is that according to Phil my shells have plenty of space for the ba4.  Don't really want to get in to the returns/refits thing again though tbh!

I have to say, the SQ of the BA4(f) is really, really good. Good thing your tf10 reshells have the normal bore size, they certainly do not need more bass!

How exactly did you insert them, and what kind of problems did it give? I believe you have told me before, but I forgot!

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #2,959 of 5,310
I felt at the time that they wern't sealing properly.  The left whether it be a universal or custom always sealed first time and felt it.  I was trying to get that same feeling in the right that I did on the left but to no avail it seems.  If you check back a few pages you'll see a top down shot of my micros that illustrate better the difference in size between my left and right.  As for inserting I just used the video that's on youtube and rotate them back in.  The other thing is that my right shell seems more "upright" than the left did so I could actually insert them two ways!  First was with the shell at the normal upright position and the canal part sticking upwards.  The second was with the canal part level but that meant the shell part was more sloped over, but both seemed to work!  The other thing that was odd was that my impressions were fine when i had them back!

Edit to say I'm half wondering if there's something up with the left monitor then, as the tf10 doesn't seem to have that much bass to me.  Done the seal test and there's bass there so I'm getting a seal, but just seems to be a bit weak.

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,961 of 5,310
So was wondering what most people would consider an upgrade to the tf10 in the ce line up?  The hy3 or something else?

Sep 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,962 of 5,310
  So was wondering what most people would consider an upgrade to the tf10 in the ce line up?  The hy3 or something else?

HY3 would be an upgrade in overall sound quality, but they also have much less treble than TF10. I believe stepping up to the BA4F would get you more treble, but I haven't heard it so I can't say for sure.

Sep 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2,963 of 5,310
I think I finally found why the sound is louder on the right.
The two holes on the left side are not in the correct axis compare to the right.
So on the left, it touch the skin in my ear and low don the volume.

I'll contact Phil.

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,964 of 5,310
I think I finally found why the sound is louder on the right.
The two holes on the left side are not in the correct axis compare to the right.
So on the left, it touch the skin in my ear and low don the volume.

I'll contact Phil.

Does the sound change when you move the shell around in your ear?

My HY3s arrived back at CE today and changes will be made tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it will turn out well!

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #2,966 of 5,310
Yes when i don't insert the right one full volume is the same.

And after wearing for two weeks, there's some wax at the holes on the right and the volume is lower.

As a regular ciem rule, clean the tubes after every time you take them out from your ears.

I am using mine SE5way pretty much everyday, and some days I keep them in my ears like 7 8 hours but I have no problem with earwax so far. You just have to clean it every time you use it that's all.

Sep 24, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #2,967 of 5,310
Has anybody else had trouble getting in contact with Cosmic Ears? I've never had a response through email but Skype had always be fine, I've tried a few times a day for 3 days now and had nothing at all, I paid  for my CIEMS a while back and was just asking them for an update. I don't mind waiting but I like to know where I stand.

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #2,969 of 5,310
Has anybody else had trouble getting in contact with Cosmic Ears? I've never had a response through email but Skype had always be fine, I've tried a few times a day for 3 days now and had nothing at all, I paid  for my CIEMS a while back and was just asking them for an update. I don't mind waiting but I like to know where I stand.

Nope. Phil usually answers to my emails within few hours. Maybe your emails land in spam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back